amd xp 2400+ clock settings bios query

Old May 2nd 04, 01:07 PM
oo-

Default amd xp 2400+ clock settings bios query

hi
i've just bought a new pc shuttle xpc sk41 socket a amd athlon xp 2400, 512
mb ram, dvdrw, 6in1 card reader.
when all installed Aida32 told me I only had a amd xp 1800+ to which i was
confused. Someone told me to change the clock settings in th bios to make
the processor run as a 2400 as it should. After much trying I finaly managed
to get it to a point where Aida32 says it is a 2400 (7.5 * 256) but I
wonder if I have done it right?

I changed the clock setting to 132 as it would only allow me to change set
it to between 1 and 132. But I thought I'd have to set it as 133!
What surprised me was that I wasn't able to do this in the advanced chipset
features as the option was greyed out but managed to change it elsewher ein
the bios (but can't remember the name of the option -sorry)

btw, I have updated the bios to most recent version.

have i done it right? i don't the pc to blow up or anythign in a week.

thanks