fluid bearings HDD mounting...

Old July 10th 03, 12:50 AM
Alceryes

Default fluid bearings HDD mounting...

Hi everyones...thanks to read! I'm wondering if newer fluid
bearings HDDs can be mounted vertically without any effect
on them? TIA

....vertically, horizontally, diagonally; doesn't matter as long as the drive
is secure.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

(check out my modded/OC'd system at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/alceryes)

"KILOWATT" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyones...thanks to read! I'm wondering if newer fluid
bearings HDDs can be mounted vertically without any effect
on them? TIA

--
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montréal Québec

Old July 10th 03, 01:59 PM
Alceryes

Thanks a lot for the reply Alceryes. BTW...i love this modded
PC you've built...looks like a real "hardware masterpiece"! :-)
Just a question about those acrylic casings:
Do interference (electromagnetic,RF...)that the computer may emit
or receive from other sources is a problem when using non-metalic
casing like those?

I haven't run into any problems yet. I've been to several LAN's where the
case was in close proximity to other hardware (including wireless KB and
mouse) and had no issues.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

(check out my modded/OC'd system at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/alceryes)

.. .

Old July 10th 03, 06:57 PM
Me

Even the evil-horrible-pre-fluid-bearings-and-all drives could operate in
any position. I've even seen old ST506/412 drives running in odd positions.

--
I believe in having an open mind,
but not so open that my brains fall out.

Old July 10th 03, 11:51 PM
KILOWATT

Thanks a lot for the infos!