P4P800 Deluxe - Disk read error occured - Help!

Old October 22nd 03, 11:52 PM
Jim

Default P4P800 Deluxe - Disk read error occured - Help!

I just got done building this P4P800 computer. Everthing was running smooth
for a couple of days, and then suddenly after installing the driver for my
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 and restarted it. This message appeared " A disk read
error occurred, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart," which I did so many times
with no result. I tried booting it with Windows XP but it only says
"initializing your hardware configuration", then the screen goes blank and
nothing happens. I can't even re-install the operating system. I read about
having the power supply not enough, and that reflashing the CMOS will do the
trick. Does anybody had encountered this kind of problem? Would appreciate
any help. Thanks.

BTW the Master HD with the OS is newly bought.

P4P800 Deluxe
P4 2.6 CG (800Mhz)
Kingston 1 GIG DDR 400 (512MBx2)
2 Maxtor 120 GB 7200 RPM (master & slave)
1 Sony DVDRW 500A
1 TDK CDRW
ATI ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon 8600
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
SCSI Card
350 Watts PSP
Windows XP Home Edition
Bios v1005

JIM

Old October 23rd 03, 01:17 PM
Len

Have you tried removing the Audigy card and re-starting the system or doing
an "inplace upgrade" of XP? It is possible that the card was not firmly
seated or that with your other devices the slot that the sound card is in
creates a conflict.

FWIW,
Len

Old October 23rd 03, 03:09 PM
Jim Spehovski

I just went ahead and reformat the hard drive with MaxBlast3, the CD that
came with Maxtor HD and reinstalled Windows XP. Everything is working fine
now. Thanks for your input.

Jim

. net...