Need to turn up the volume

Old July 3rd 03, 01:50 AM
FJohns6675

Default Need to turn up the volume

I can't get my volume level up over about 25% even thought all the sliding
controls are 100% up and nothing is muted.I have a SIS onboard sound. If I
plug it into another computer, the speakers are fine.
Old July 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
MiniDisc_2k2

"FJohns6675" wrote in message
I can't get my volume level up over about 25% even thought all the sliding
controls are 100% up and nothing is muted.I have a SIS onboard sound. If

plug it into another computer, the speakers are fine.

Can't get the volume over 25%? What is 25%? How do you know that it's 25%?
Do you have some kind of manual control connected to your speakers? Why
can't you go over that (what happens if you do). Try to elaborate on your
problem.

-- MiniDisc_2k2
To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.

Old July 3rd 03, 04:45 AM
FJohns6675

I mean that the sound coming out of the speakers is low.I have nothing special
as far as speakers. It's just doesn't put out the volume like it should
Old July 3rd 03, 03:13 PM
MiniDisc_2k2

I agree completely. Either you should get some speakers that have an
amplifier (i.e. powered speakers) or get an amplifier that can be attached
to the cord. I'm not quite sure where to find the second, but I know that
they exist.

-- MiniDisc_2k2
To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.

P.S. If you're going to buy new powered speakers, I would suggest the
Creative Inspire 4.1. I have them, and they have very good quality for their
price. Of course, you'd need a 4.1 compatible sound output thingy (sound
card or onboard sound, I couldn't find the right work to include them both).
Most onboard sound nowadays can support 4.1, refer to your motherboard's
manual. If you need to get a sound card, I'd recommend the Creative
SoundBlaster PCI 512. Again good quality for good price.

"steve" wrote in message
In article , fjohns6675
@aol.com says...
I mean that the sound coming out of the speakers is low.I have nothing

special
as far as speakers. It's just doesn't put out the volume like it should

Most onboard sound doesn't come pre-amplified therefore you need powered
speakers to get sufficient sound output.

I would suggest you dont use the onboard sound but instead install a pci
soundcard, they are very cheap these days.
--
regards,
Steve

Old July 4th 03, 04:29 AM
FJohns6675

I have several sound cards that I'm sure will work. Do I need to disable the
sound in the BIOS?
Old July 5th 03, 06:50 AM
S.Heenan

FJohns6675 wrote:
I have several sound cards that I'm sure will work. Do I need to
disable the sound in the BIOS?

I would, though it's not absolutely necessary.
--
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man. -Samuel