Dell Dimension 4600 memory upgrade problem with OCZ module

Old October 11th 04, 12:40 AM
Stephane

Default Dell Dimension 4600 memory upgrade problem with OCZ module

I bought the OCZ ultra high performance Dual channel kit (2x512MB)
PC3200 item number: OCZ4001024V3DC-K
(http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...s_dual_channel)for
my Dell dimension 4600.

When I installed the memory, the computer is beeping and nothing shows
up.

The memory supported by my dell 4600 can be found he
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...cs.htm#1105699

I'd like to know if the OCZ memory I bought is compatible with my
system or I should return it. If it's compatible I'd like to know what
I should do to make it work.

Does anyone have tried to install such a module for a dell 4600?

Thanks,
-Stephane

Old October 11th 04, 05:28 AM
Mac Cool

Tj:

Call there tech support. maybe they will let you talk to some one in
the US and not India!

The sad thing is that many of the Indians speak better English than some
Americans.
--
Mac Cool
Old October 13th 04, 12:19 AM
BoyatHeart

Their English is very good, but their accent, combined with telephone
quality sound, can make for a difficult support call.