liteon cd writer won't copy - nero express

Old August 19th 04, 07:40 AM
Oldus Fartus

Default liteon cd writer won't copy - nero express

DalienX wrote:
rello wrote:

this brand new recorder refuses to make exact copy
a data disk is fine....when you choose the exact copy option, put any
cd in the source drive and a blank in the writer the burn icon greys
out....
tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero express that came with the
writer
tried install a different version of nero express [oem]
same result
anybody got any ideas?
thanks
relloman

couple of things may cause this..

Are your 2 roms plugged into the same ide cable? that will stop it
doing direct copy's. Does it work if you make an image first?

Nonsense. Having both drives on the one controller will most certainly
not cause that problem.

Also run a scan for spy-ware, this may sound weird but some games
install a type of spy-ware that stops the cd copy function working in
order to stop you ripping games.
Spybot S&D or Adaware should sort that out.

Possible, but not very likely.

The only way I have been able to recreate the error (burn button remains
greyed out) is if I do not select the correct burner, and do not have a
blank disc in the drive.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Old September 4th 04, 02:49 PM
Damien Tinker

I had the same problem with my Liteon burner. I sent it away and had its
firmware updated and been great ever since. I don't have a problem running
it on the same IDE cable either.
Damo

PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
LG GSA 4040B DVD Writer and Nero 6.0.0 \a:\\\ General 2 February 10th 04 12:43 AM
Can't burn CD in Nero with new Pioneer DVR-106D Witchsmeller Jason General 2 November 23rd 03 03:39 PM
CD Writer/ DVD Writer software on new build HMSDOC Homebuilt PC's 0 October 29th 03 12:01 PM
help with motherboard choice S.Boardman General 30 October 20th 03 10:23 PM