Balance Point, AGP Overclocking

Old April 23rd 04, 03:25 AM
David B.

Argue it all you want, I won't hear you as you've been blocked, future poster.

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message ...
It's true for sure.
I Argued this before.
You do need to find a balance point once you get into an Extreme Overclock.

Old April 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"David B." wrote in message
Argue it all you want, I won't hear you as you've been blocked, future

poster.

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message

It's true for sure.
I Argued this before.
You do need to find a balance point once you get into an Extreme

Overclock.

Now David, that is a nice difference in 3DMark.
You will only really notice it when you go that high though.
Go from 2.6 to about 3.1 GHz, a little higher maybe, but not by much, there
won't be much difference.
As soon as you start having to push extra vcore, or at least I have to do
this. If some1 else don't have too,,,
Thats just Great for you... :-) That works too. But @ least when I hit
one point of an Overclock - Cpu that is.
I become unstable unless I Overclock the Video as well, and get a little
better performence too.
Have you ever got 750 MHz Overclock or better? I've been even further then
this, but my PSU Fails to give the power.
Hm? It was 3,434 MHz, I got more then half way through 3DMark, then I
froze, my temps didn't even hit 100ºF yet.
As soon as I hit 100W CPU or so, if I test it right. I'll go from 100W to
93, and sometimes to 95 or 96 on testing.
a lot of times it stays around 93 or 94, when the CPU needs 100 or 104W to
keep the Overclock stable.
So hm?
I Guess I need a new PSU, but not anytime soon, I might end up with a Dual
CPU Board, so I'll need power for that.
Any Idea how well a "Enermax 660W EG851AX-VH ATX" PSU Works?
They cost close to 300$ : Though it will be like months till I put it
together, I hope not too much longer then that.

And I won't be using the P4 For any kind of gaming anymore anyway.
I'd rather use my Athlon XP 2200+ @ 2400+ 2.03 GHz For gaming. Though it's
harder to keep cool, I still like my AMD
For gaming over my Intel P4 Any day. I would love a Athlon 64, If I
wasn't already putting together a Xeon Server, maybe I'd
buy myself a FX53 System.

What ever, what ever..
If I like AMD Over Intel so much, I guess I should hang out in the AMD ng...
a.c.h.o.a.

Denny. :-)

Old April 24th 04, 09:40 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

You people need to learn how to post intelligently. This complete lack of
grammar, and stream of consciousness just isnt cutting it. It takes too much
time to try to figure out the connections between the statements that are
being made here.

Is it any wonder that our children are testing at the lowest reading and
writing proficiency levels of all time ? Is there a relationship between
internet usage where this complete lack of structure is premissible, and low
test scores? I think there may be a provable relationship between the two.

Also, what coherence is there to starting a post with a limp reference to
previous "arguements" having been made? This gives new readers absolutely no
frame of reference through which to process the information that follows.
Its like some kind of inside joke, or something. Its ineffective and
frustrating to have to wade through.

NuTs

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message
It's true for sure.
I Argued this before.
You do need to find a balance point once you get into an Extreme

Overclock.
3DMark 03 Without hitting a balance point, about 900+ somewhere around
908 or 920, if I remember right, it gives more at time, and less at
others.
3DMark 03 With a balance point,, 1013, and stays there no matter how many
times I run it.

AGP Setting is 73 MHz
Card = 8X MSI Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
I would do a AquaMark3, but it seems that it will only do a 4x test on

Video
for me.
That won't show how well the card is doing.
I've only had this card for a few days, but I already like it a lot.
MSI Clock.
2D = 349 MHz (250 MHz) Normal Clock
3D = 350 MHz (250 MHz) Normal Clock

Memory Clock = 436 MHz (400 MHz) Normal Clock

I can go a little higher, but not by much..
CPU = P4 2.6C @ 3.34 GHz
Ram x 4
2x PC2100 ? (=Brand)
2x PC3200 (Brand = Kingston)
I forgot the bus, but here's the speed from CPU-Z
171.3 MHz.. (Grr.) I also had to run CPU-Z For my CPU speed too.
I just couldn't remember what speed I had this thing sest to.
% Over normal performance is about 100% give or take a little more. (DDR

Ram
this system.)

This is for any1 who don't go over the " un " Safe point of overclocking.

""
H2O Is nice...
See yeah all later....;
Denny. :-)

Old April 25th 04, 04:47 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
You people need to learn how to post intelligently. This complete lack of
""grammar"", and stream of consciousness just isnt cutting it. It takes

too much
time to try to figure out the connections between the statements that are
being made here.

Not far enough, my grammar on this..
It Flat Out Sucked.

Is it any wonder that our children are testing at the lowest reading and
writing proficiency levels of all time ? Is there a relationship between
internet usage where this complete lack of structure is premissible, and

low
test scores? I think there may be a provable relationship between the two.

Also, what coherence is there to starting a post with a limp reference to
previous "arguements" having been made? This gives new readers absolutely

no
frame of reference through which to process the information that follows.
Its like some kind of inside joke, or something. Its ineffective and
frustrating to have to wade through.

Yes, I do agree, it was about the ""Dumbest"" Post I've done.
If I'm going to post something, I should try to make more "Sense"
Denny. :-)

NuTs

Old April 28th 04, 07:34 PM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

np.
I Did write a messed up post, with bad grammar, and bringing up old subjects
of which some people don't
care about in the least..
Denny. :-)