K8N-E Deluxe - remove hardware icon for SATA disk?

Old November 21st 04, 12:37 AM
Martin

Default K8N-E Deluxe - remove hardware icon for SATA disk?

I've put together a PC for my father with this board and a SATA drive
(maxtor). I connected the drive to the NVDIA Sata controller.
Everything works perfectly, but there's an icon on the lower right telling
me I can safely remove my hardware. When I click it I see the Maxtor
drive...
I know SATA drives are hot pluggable and you probably have to use the
'remove hardware' feature to do that safely, but I don't want to see that
icon... Only solution I can think of is make the icon invisible, but it will
be invisible too for other hardware I connect, right?

By the way: my own computer also has a SATA drive (on a promise controller),
but I never saw any icon to remove it?

Any suggestions?

Martin
The Netherlands

Old December 6th 04, 12:09 AM
Martin

Well, no anwwers to this question I guess... but still my problem was
solved. I had to do a re-install of this computer. And this time I didn't
use the F6 option to load a SATA driver. The SATA drive was recognised
during setup and the installation went perfectly. And... no more 'remove
hardware' icon in windows...

--
Martin
The Netherlands

"Martin" schreef in bericht
I've put together a PC for my father with this board and a SATA drive
(maxtor). I connected the drive to the NVDIA Sata controller.
Everything works perfectly, but there's an icon on the lower right telling
me I can safely remove my hardware. When I click it I see the Maxtor
drive...
I know SATA drives are hot pluggable and you probably have to use the
'remove hardware' feature to do that safely, but I don't want to see that
icon... Only solution I can think of is make the icon invisible, but it
will be invisible too for other hardware I connect, right?

By the way: my own computer also has a SATA drive (on a promise
controller), but I never saw any icon to remove it?

Any suggestions?

Martin
The Netherlands

15K rpm SCSI-disk Ronny Mandal General 26 December 8th 04 09:04 PM
Best drive configuration? Noozer General 20 May 27th 04 03:10 AM
RAID card for my PC?? TANKIE General 5 May 22nd 04 01:09 AM
P4P800 Deluxe - Disk read error occured - Help! Jim Asus Motherboards 2 October 23rd 03 03:09 PM