Nvidia drivers and 7950GX2 issue

Old December 8th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Adams[_2_]

Default Nvidia drivers and 7950GX2 issue

Every time I install the Nvidia drivers on my 7950GX2 at the end of the
install the screen just flickers on/off in a loop so I can't click on
finish to exit the installer. I just hit the reset button on the PC and
when it boots up the drivers are installed fine but it shouldn't be
doing this. Every time I boot into XP the screen flickers on off twice
too but after that all is fine. I had that issue with an ATI card once
too. Never had this issue with my 7900GT. Is this maybe a power issue. I
have a Seasonic 600w PSU so it should be fine and games etc. are running
with no issues.
Old December 8th 07, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Adams" wrote in message . ..
Every time I install the Nvidia drivers on my 7950GX2 at the end of the
install the screen just flickers on/off in a loop so I can't click on
finish to exit the installer. I just hit the reset button on the PC and
when it boots up the drivers are installed fine but it shouldn't be
doing this. Every time I boot into XP the screen flickers on off twice
too but after that all is fine. I had that issue with an ATI card once
too. Never had this issue with my 7900GT. Is this maybe a power issue. I
have a Seasonic 600w PSU so it should be fine and games etc. are running
with no issues.

What kind of monitor & cable are you using? I've seen this
flickering with analog monitors, and/or cables that don't have
proper DDC lines (such as BNC cables).

Old December 10th 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Adams[_2_]

wrote:

I don't know what LCD monitor designers have been thinking
the last few years, with the near total absence of multiple DVI
ports on their products. I'm generally not a fan of HP, but their
LP2465 (2x DVI) and LP3065 (3x DVI) are excellent:

The 24" is $540 after rebate. Still a lot to spend though, just
to stop an occasional flicker.

I only bought this LCD recently so not in the market for a new one just
yet. I was considering HP too as I liked their glossy screen but chose
the Samsung as it has 2ms response time and I am a gamer so that was
more important to me. HP had aspect scaling via hardware too which I
realize now I would have liked to have because Nvidia drivers only do
aspect scaling over DVI. Think I'll have to go DVI and lose the KVM
analog connection.