Intel hiring staff for 'leading edge graphics'

Old August 27th 06, 02:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
krw

Default Intel hiring staff for 'leading edge graphics'

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:30:15 -0400, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:03:49 -0400, krw wrote:

In article , fammacd=!
says...
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:17:15 -0400, krw wrote:

In article .com,
says...
Chingy wrote:
and the leading edge graphics would be i740 II lol?

I gotta wonder where those leading-edge graphics designers will come
from? Will there be people dropping ship from ATI when AMD takes over?
Perhaps. Will there be people dying to leave Nvidia to go work for
Intel? Possibly. But how likely are either of these two possibilities?

Or is there a third option? Maybe Intel raids Matrox or other companies
which are smaller graphics companies.

Matrox? What do they know about high performance graphics?

True but then what does the PowerVR IP they've recently licensed have to do
with high performance graphics? On the subject of IP, I wonder if MADATI
is going to sit on their "secret" IP or are we gonna see a bunch of patent
filings from them?

#4; They take a long time Intel exec, appoint him as graphics
tzar, and throw enough money at the wall and hope it sticks.

From Intel's history, my bet is on #4. We'll see.

How about they appoint one of those "social scientists" they took on a
while back as graphics head honcho. Performance is gonna suck anyway but
at least they'll maybe have "responsible" eco-friendly 3D.:-)

Oh, I just love it when social "scientists" design hardware.

I remember one social scientist, in fact "the greatest social
scientist of all times"(one of his official titles), who would get it
done if he wanted to. After all, he managed to develop nukes from
scratch in unbelievably short time. His name was Joseph Stalin. It
helped though that he had KGB at his disposal ;-)))))

He did design one of the larger messes in history, but didn't
design any bomb.

Oh, come on - did any of managerial types ever produce anything more
material than a bunch of papers their underlings must read and obey?

That's hardly the point.

And again, _if_ we believe the contemporary official media, every
success owed to the leadership of Comrade Stalin, and every mess
happened due to dirty work of "enemies of the people" and "agents of
foreign imperialists". Everything depends on the spin, especially
when Russia was - or still is - concerned. I don't remember who said
it, but I love the quote - "Russia is a country with unpredictable
past".

You are a sick pup.

--
Keith

Intel hiring staff for 'leading edge graphics' YKhan General 20 August 27th 06 09:59 PM
Amd-Intel cathy General 1 June 27th 05 01:44 PM
Old ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 32 Mb vs. Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Wondering Ati Videocards 2 December 31st 03 03:42 AM
Old ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 32 Mb vs. Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Wondering Ati Videocards 1 December 29th 03 06:26 AM
TnT2 Ultra AGP vs Intel Integrated Extreme Graphics 2 Dave Nvidia Videocards 4 December 7th 03 05:18 AM