P4P800 Windows stop installation

Old January 10th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default P4P800 Windows stop installation

New XP install on Asus P4P800 VM, 1 gig of ram.

After copying install files from the XP Home disk it attempts to start the
Windows installation then I get:
Windows stopped error message.

0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

The only hits I get on Google says that there is a hard ware problem.
New Seagates, just formatted them with the Seagate disk.

Where do I look?

Thanks for the help

T.O.

Old January 10th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

New Seagates, just formatted them with the Seagate disk.

Why didn't you fdisk and format with the windows xp cd?

Old January 10th 06, 08:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Did you activate the installation partition?

Old January 10th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Well, I've run into this before, and the last time it was some RAID drivers
that weren't getting installed. Had to make a driver floppy on another
computer and do the F6 install some SCSI driver during XP install.
Problem is this time, the board doesn't have anything like that. Pretty
simple board.
Still am thinking it's not getting some drivers installed.

So.....
I installed 98. That worked fine. Then I did an upgrade (arrrggghhh!) with
the XP upgrade disk. All works well now and the client has his computer.

I still would like to know which drivers it needed and how to get them
there. I tried the F6 during install and the only option is to put them on a
floppy. It won't even think about looking at a CD. I tried sticking a
handful of .inf files on a floppy that I found on the MOBO's CD, but XP
wasn't happy with that.

If anyone else has had this problem of getting 3rd party drivers installed
during XP installation, I sure would like to know how to get around it. This
is the second time it's happened and both times it's been on ASUS boards.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

T.O.

. ..

Old January 10th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

T.O. wrote:
[...]

"T.O." wrote in message
. ..

New XP install on Asus P4P800 VM, 1 gig of ram.

After copying install files from the XP Home disk it attempts to start the
Windows installation then I get:
Windows stopped error message.

0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

The only hits I get on Google says that there is a hard ware problem.
New Seagates, just formatted them with the Seagate disk.

Where do I look?

Thanks for the help

T.O.

If you are using parallel ATA Drives, check if you have the 80-wire
parallel cable. My new P5P800 motherboard would not load XP with the
older 40-wire HD cable, which worked on the previous ECI MB without any
trouble.
Old January 10th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Yep, had new 80 wire cables for the two drives. Two 120 gig Seagates set as
Master and Slave.
The strange this is, XP loaded on top of 98, but wouldn't do the install by
itself.

I've updated everything, loaded all new drivers and it's working fine now.
Still.....inquiring minds want to know.....

T.O.

"ref21421" wrote in message
T.O. wrote:
[...]

. ..