Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the next fitheen years ! ;)

Old November 30th 07, 05:23 PM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
John Adams[_2_]

Default Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Ed Medlin wrote:

Must be Al Gore.....:-). There isn't, and never has been what you call 'THE'
internet and no 'one' person helped invent it. There were thousands of
people involved from the US and Europe who managed to loosely put together
several old networks including AARPA and write HTTP so they could address
each other and we have a very loose network that is actually pretty much the
same today that you call the internet. The good thing about it is that there
is a TON of room to improve speed and bandwidth that has not even been
implemented yet. The first network I had in my home was a 60 baud system
that used a model 32 Teletype as a terminal. About 60WPM was about all that
old thing would do and it was pretty much state of the art at that time. If
you consider where we are now, that is a huge improvement.

Ed

I'm talking about someone who helped create ARPNET. And there was no
HTTP back then so STFU trying to make out you are some big shot know-it-all.
Old November 30th 07, 05:27 PM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
John Adams[_2_]

Well, whatever you ****s might think about me matters not because you
are still out to lunch if you think we are going to give up our cable
and satellite TV connections in exchange for HDTV over the internet. Get
a grip on reality.
Old November 30th 07, 06:49 PM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Phil Weldon

'John Adams' wrote:
| Well, whatever you ****s might think about me matters not because you
| are still out to lunch if you think we are going to give up our cable
| and satellite TV connections in exchange for HDTV over the internet. Get
| a grip on reality.
_____

Is there ANY newsgroup you get along in? It seems that at the least
disagreements with your pronouncements send you into an acting out frenzy.
Across a range of newsgroups. Personal attacks, chauvinism, and constantly
shifting terms of discuss seem to be a constant in your Usenet behavior.

Phil Weldon

. ..

Old November 30th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

_____

Is there ANY newsgroup you get along in? It seems that at the least
disagreements with your pronouncements send you into an acting out frenzy.
Across a range of newsgroups. Personal attacks, chauvinism, and constantly
shifting terms of discuss seem to be a constant in your Usenet behavior.

Phil Weldon

Wow, if Phil Weldon is calling you out, you're history. He's taken his
lumps and is still with us, bye bye John Adams.
Old December 1st 07, 01:21 PM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Patrick Vervoorn

In article ,
John Adams wrote:
Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

You're not the best of readers eh? I didn't say anything like that. I said
most ISP's _overhere_ (= in The Netherlands) don't have a cap.

Read it back and learn some modesty.

Regards, Patrick.

How things are in Den Nederlands is irrelevant to most people.

What a pathetic way to dodge out of this.

Regards,

Patrick.
Old December 1st 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim Beard

johns wrote:
I'm at a gigabyte now ?? Intel already had 6 gigabyte
servers about 10 years ago. Problem is you'll sure hit
a bottleneck somewhere .. like 10 megabyte switches.
Still, no way can we "serve" an app to 20 or more users
even at 6 gigabytes. I do network installs, and 4 pcs
will grab 80% of the bandwidth at 1 gigabyte.

Chortle, chortle, chortle.

You get what you pay for, and know how to configure properly.
Networks do exist that work quite nicely with hundreds
and thousands of pcs pulling apps from a small number of
applicatons servers.

Yes, there will be a bottleneck somewhere, at some level.
A machine that has only 10-100 Mb/s ethernet is not going
to communicate at gigabit speeds, but so what? If it is
needed, faster (and more expensive) equipment is available.

Will everything be available to everyone at today's cost
for current levels of service? That may take a while,
and the price may go up a bit, but somehow the market
will sort out what people are really interested in
(enough to pay for!) and the problem will reduce to
managable levels.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
Old December 2nd 07, 04:57 AM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
John Adams[_2_]

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

What a pathetic way to dodge out of this.

Regards,

Patrick.

How am I dodging anything? When you come up with a plausible reason why
you think things like HDTV over an internet connection are viable and
better than my current cable connection then post your reasons.
Old December 2nd 07, 04:58 AM posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
John Adams[_2_]

Phil Weldon wrote:

Is there ANY newsgroup you get along in? It seems that at the least
disagreements with your pronouncements send you into an acting out frenzy.
Across a range of newsgroups. Personal attacks, chauvinism, and constantly
shifting terms of discuss seem to be a constant in your Usenet behavior.

Phil Weldon

More irrelevance. Move along tosser.
Old December 2nd 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Adams[_2_]

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Wow, if Phil Weldon is calling you out, you're history. He's taken his
lumps and is still with us, bye bye John Adams.

I've been here since 1993 and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old December 2nd 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'John Adams' wrote:
| I've been here since 1993 and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
_____

Fourteen, eh? That explains the acting out bit.

Phil Weldon

. ..