Sporger - has ruined this Gateway newsgroup

Old April 21st 10, 06:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Postman Delivers

Default Sporger - has ruined this Gateway newsgroup

I still work on these computers, and think it is sad to see this idot,
destroy a newsgroup...

JR the postman
Old April 24th 10, 05:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 4/21/2010 1:13 AM, Postman Delivers wrote:
I still work on these computers, and think it is sad to see this idot,
destroy a newsgroup...

JR the postman

I think that the world is moving away from usenet groups, toward
vendor-specific forums, many of them moderated. For me, it's a pain in
the ass to go to each vendor's forum on the web. usenet is so much more
convenient... Ben Myers
Old April 24th 10, 12:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

There are still a few of us that monitor this newsgroup and I am sure if
we had a problem there would be an answer, just not a lot to say unless
you have a question regarding your Gateway. I am using a Gateway at the
present time and would buy another one if this one died.
I have had zero computer related problems. Anything that happened was
software related and the dummy behind the keys.

I see Ben replied to you also and he is a fountain of knowledge! He
helped me several times. Thanks again Ben.

--
Lee (in Florida)US Army Retired
Georgie Boy Cruise Master
Old April 24th 10, 04:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
chicagofan

Lee wrote:
There are still a few of us that monitor this newsgroup and I am sure if
we had a problem there would be an answer, just not a lot to say unless
you have a question regarding your Gateway. I am using a Gateway at the
present time and would buy another one if this one died.

Same here... this laptop [my latest purchase] is almost 4 yrs. old.

I have had zero computer related problems. Anything that happened was
software related and the dummy behind the keys.

I've had 3 Gateways, and never had to call them for service. Whatever
problems [ignorance] I needed solved, I came here and always found the
answer. No hardware failures, except Mother Nature induced [lightning].

I see Ben replied to you also and he is a fountain of knowledge! He
helped me several times. Thanks again Ben.

My thanks too, to Ben and everyone who's helped me over the years. I
hope you hang around, because I'll be here until they turn the lights
out.

Barbara

Old April 24th 10, 05:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Postman Delivers wrote:
I still work on these computers, and think it is sad to see this idot,
destroy a newsgroup...

A good newsreader makes it easy to monitor several newsgroups easily... Ben
Old April 24th 10, 07:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Joan F \(MI\)

I've switched to Toshiba laptops but still have the group on my list to
synch. My first laptop was a Gateway and I liked it a lot but had to have
the motherboard replaced and then started having problems again. I think
that it was overheating that killed it. The newer Toshibas seem to run much
cooler.

Old April 26th 10, 05:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Postman Delivers

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:52:03 -0400, Joan F \(MI\) wrote:

I've switched to Toshiba laptops but still have the group on my list to
synch. My first laptop was a Gateway and I liked it a lot but had to
have the motherboard replaced and then started having problems again. I
think that it was overheating that killed it. The newer Toshibas seem
to run much cooler.

* * *

Thanks for correcting me, and my ISP Cox is closing access to newsgroup
on June 30th... I shall pay for outside service, as I live in the Usenet
and my www useage is Google search and maybe 20% of my computer time...

I do answer questions once day a week on Yahoo Answers, surprised about
the general low mentality in the computer question section, but I decided
to attempt to share a bit of my knowledge there...

Cox Communications income was up in 2009, but they need to shut down to
reduce cost...Internet profit is apparently not good enough...
http://www.pbn.com/detail/49376.html

JR the postman
Old April 26th 10, 08:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
chicagofan

Postman Delivers wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:52:03 -0400, Joan F \(MI\) wrote:

I've switched to Toshiba laptops but still have the group on my list to
synch. My first laptop was a Gateway and I liked it a lot but had to
have the motherboard replaced and then started having problems again. I
think that it was overheating that killed it. The newer Toshibas seem
to run much cooler.

* * *

Thanks for correcting me, and my ISP Cox is closing access to newsgroup
on June 30th... I shall pay for outside service, as I live in the Usenet
and my www useage is Google search and maybe 20% of my computer time...

If you only need/want text newsgroups, eternal-september.org provides a
free Usenet service. I use it as a backup when my ISP news service is
doing maintenance. Like you I probably will lose my ISP provided
service in the near future.
bj

Old April 26th 10, 08:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Joan F \(MI\)

I've been using Giganews even before my ISP closed their servers which were
abysmal, it used to be $7.99 a month for the lowest tier, then when all the
ISPs started dumping Usenet, they lowered the rate to $2.99 a month. To me
it's well worth it, it's run professionally, always available, perfect
completion, long retention.

..|

Old April 27th 10, 12:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 4/26/2010 3:21 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Postman Delivers wrote:
[...]

Been accessing this and other ngs with eternal-september for a number of
months. Seems to work OK... Ben Myers