Factory Restore help

Old December 1st 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
sunshine25302

Default Factory Restore help

My friends gave my kids a packard bell pc, there are no disks or anything and
it seems to be a pretty old one cause its running windows 98 and im not even
sure what kind of packard bell it is. Does anyone know what I can do to
restore the system to its original state. No I do not want to do a system
restore and i dont need quick fixes about adware or spyware or anything like
that. All I would like to know is how to reset the pc back to its original
state. Thank you in advance.

Old December 2nd 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
sunshine25302

What I would like to do is a factory restore on my pc. The dont have the
original cds for this computer anymore, so all I want to do is a factory
restore, like perse on my dell I can hit ctrl f11 and I can factory restore
my pc. Thats what I want to do on the packard bell.

Tom Lake wrote:
My friends gave my kids a packard bell pc, there are no disks or anything
and

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
original
state. Thank you in advance.

What do you mean by "original state"? That's what system restore disks are
for.

Without the original CDs, you can't get it back to its original state (at
least by the
common definition). The model number should be on the back of the computer.
Also, many PB machines have a model name on the name plate such as LEGEND
386 or some such. You'll need that information in order to find the proper
original
CDs. Maybe if you elaborate on exactly what you're trying to accomplish, we
could
help you better.

Tom Lake

Old December 3rd 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

Tom Lake wrote:
[...]

As Tom stated above, PB computers did not come with enough room for a hidden
partition to do a restore like your Dell. The process usually had a system
restore CD, and a drivers and program cd. All of which were grouped to your
particular make and model of Packard Bell. Now having said that, there are
others here that may have the cd's you require via posting your system make
and model number. Metronid or Ben may have these disks (cd's) If Simon still
lurks here he may have them as well. I have restore files sent to me from
Velix and many can be found on the net.

Sorry I could not assist further.

Elector

Old December 3rd 07, 06:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
sunshine25302 via HWKB.com

THANK SO MUCH :-))))))))

Elector wrote:
What I would like to do is a factory restore on my pc. The dont have the
original cds for this computer anymore, so all I want to do is a factory

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]