Kingston HyperX3500,A7N8X Deluxe,& XP2600 setting

Old August 3rd 03, 04:58 AM
Rick

Default Kingston HyperX3500,A7N8X Deluxe,& XP2600 setting

I have questions about the above component's setting. Any suggestion!

1) I tried to run it @ 200x10.5, but the higher was only 195x11 running
Windows stable.
2) Am I overclocking it if the 200x11 is stable?
3) I can run it @ 180x12.5 = 2250 without any problem, but why couldn't @
200x10.5 = 2100.
4) The memory should be ok for @433 MHz 2-3-3-7. Temp is not an issue for
sure. What am I missing?

Bios setting:
195x11 Stable (Idle temp CPU=38c, Mobo=36c, Loaded temp CPU=41, Mobo=36)
memory = 2-2-2-5, vcore @ 1.65v and memory @ 2.6v.

200x10.5 (re-boot randomly)
Memory setting:
1 = 2-2-2-5, vcore @ 1.65v and memory @ 2.6v.
2 = 2-3-3-7, vcore @ 1.65v and memory @ 2.6v.
3 = 2-3-3-7, vcore @ 1.65v and memory @ 2.7v.
4 = 2-3-3-7, vcore @ 1.70v and memory @ 2.7v.

XP2600
2 x 256 Hyper X PC3500
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.2 1.005
Power = 350W

Old August 3rd 03, 07:49 AM
Mickey

Have you tried different memory combinations such as removing one and see if
the problem goes away. A chip may be bad.

Old August 3rd 03, 02:21 PM
Rick

No go even set the vcore @1.75v can't boot to Windows. I can boot into
Windows with 199x10.5, but it just won't work @200Mhz.

"Jibby" wrote in message
have you tried more chip voltage

@

Old August 3rd 03, 03:00 PM
Alan

Rick:
Is the standard Vcore 1.75 on the 2600?

If you have a reasonable heatsink, you can play the voltage up by .25
increments. I did this for peak performance and then backed off to where I
felt the temps were acceptable.

Setting the voltage really helped get past some barriers. The XP2500 core
is 1.65 and it runs at 1.75 at 37 when idle, 41 under full load at mid day.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Old August 4th 03, 12:35 AM
rstlne

are you talking about the Dhrystone?
My SiSandra Arithmetic Dhrystone ALU shows as 7032 for a 2500+
200x9.5 (1895 MHz WCPUID)

I also have a A7N8X board, with a 2500Barton, it will only clock up to

2175
using 11.5 clocks. My best SiSandra registers 6008 but I have seen this

CPU
achieve 6749 with a Abit Nf7 board.
http://www.ocaddiction.com/reviews/c...2500/pg2.shtml

For your information.

Alan

Old August 4th 03, 01:50 PM
b p

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 13:21:04 GMT, "Rick"
wrote:

No go even set the vcore @1.75v can't boot to Windows. I can boot into
Windows with 199x10.5, but it just won't work @200Mhz.

I have a stick of that Kingston ram PC3500 and it craps out at
anything above 200Nhz for my FSB even though it should go higher. the
First stick I had just crapped out period after a week.

I have a stick of samsung 2700 that works fine in settings that the
Kingston fails.

I'm beginning to think their high end ram isn't so high end.
Old August 5th 03, 07:50 PM
Alan

Those are great numbers, mine maxed out as stated below. Perhaps a separate
thread of numbers and settings would help everyone achieve more out of their
Asus boards.
Unfortunately for me, I am working through an A7M266 upgrade using my old
XP2000. It hasn't worked and crashed my A7N8X board as well to the point
that I cannot get a POST. Back to the store for a board test.
Really screws up sometimes! I am using the A7M board to send this message,
(now the original AMD1200 cpu.)(Sandra slightly over 3000)

Alan

Old August 7th 03, 08:51 PM
noise

Rick wrote:

I have questions about the above component's setting. Any suggestion!

snip

Seems a little hit-and-miss with this RAM. I've lay-buyed
some which I tested in-store and got very good timings with
it, no voltage boost, easilly got to 432 (216Mhz). Lucky for
me I was able to test the actual pieces I bought and
confirmed they were good. I've heard of others not getting
the results they should with KingMAX, esp. the PC3200. But
the 3500 is better stuff - they seem to be a little lax with
the ratings, passing off stuff that really shouldn't get the
ratings it does as high-end pieces.

Old August 8th 03, 02:00 AM
b p

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:51:24 +0800, noise
wrote:

Rick wrote:

I have questions about the above component's setting. Any suggestion!

snip

Seems a little hit-and-miss with this RAM. I've lay-buyed
some which I tested in-store and got very good timings with
it, no voltage boost, easilly got to 432 (216Mhz). Lucky for
me I was able to test the actual pieces I bought and
confirmed they were good. I've heard of others not getting
the results they should with KingMAX, esp. the PC3200. But
the 3500 is better stuff - they seem to be a little lax with
the ratings, passing off stuff that really shouldn't get the
ratings it does as high-end pieces.

I have a 512 stick of PC3500 and it won't do 1Mhz above 200.
I think I should contact Kingston for a replacement ??
Old August 8th 03, 08:58 AM
Rick

I already returned it, and replace a pair of Buffalo PC3700 512mb. Run much
better now, and easily hit 210mhz. I really like these Winbond Module memory
w/5ns. They run rock solid and good price $99.00 ea @ Newegg.