Need drivers for Gateway e-4000

Old April 6th 09, 12:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
cmdr buzz corey

Default Need drivers for Gateway e-4000

On Mar 14, 8:01*pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Jimw wrote:
Hi Nelson

Thanks so much for this help. *
I'm on dialup so downloading these is just not possible. *I live in a
rural area and that is all we have here.

On the other hand, I have a friend in the city who has high speed. *I
will try to contact him tomorrow and have him download them and burn
me CDs.

I just installed PC-Linux on it and it works, but even for that I need
the video drivers because I am not getting the correct resolution. *I
can now install both Linux and Win2000 when I get it all together. *I
kind of like Linux, but it's hard to get used to.

I'll let you know when my friend gets these. *Thanks so much !!!

I'm glad I dont have the 4100 if it has that cap problem. *Seems to be
a problem on many newer motherboards. *I had one older MB go up in
smoke some years ago from that. *Whaty amazes me is that many old tube
radios and tvs from the 1950s thru 90's still work fine with their old
caps, as well as the old computers from the 80s. *They just dont make
anything good anymore !!! *Heck these computers are less than 5 years
old. *Of course I know these are cheap imported junk caps.

Thanks again !!!!

Jim

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
wrote:

Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.

Here is what I have:

Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
Documentation CD (89 MB):
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso

Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server.. I
will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.

I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.

You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
compress it so it would download faster.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have fun,
Nelson

Well, the same mindset responsible for contaminated toothpaste, cough
syrup and pharmaceuticals among other things is responsible for most of
the bad caps in the last ten years. *You can determine the quality of a
company by its web site and its documentation. *Some of these companies
have neither, because they simply want to shovel product out the door
and never hear from a customer again until the next order. *Or if you
get the printed product documentation and it does not have a copyright
statement or any info at all indicating the company that produced the
product.

Lack of regulation and oversight in the pharma and food industries kills
people. *Lack of quality control checks in the computer industry means a
lot of bad product out there, but hopefully no deaths due to a capacitor
blowing up and wrecking the computer controlling a satellite launch.

This is the price that we all pay for a business mindset in THIS country
that outsources to shave pennies off the cost of a product and ends up
with a shoddy sack of crap for a product. *Welcome to the wonderful
modern world of globalization.

... Ben Myers

Yep, crap begats crap.
Old May 2nd 09, 10:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Jimw[_2_]

Default ATTN NELSON (was: Need drivers for Gateway e-4000)

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for posting these. Because I am on dialup, I had a friend
download them and mail them to me. I am finally getting around to
them. The ISO files all appear to be fine, but that RAR file will not
open. It may be the software I am using, since I rarely deal with RAR
files. I tried the older version of Winzip I have installed in both
Win98 and Win2K. I also tried a thing called ZIP TOOLS, which is also
older, but is supposed to open any compressed file. Could you please
check that file and tell me what software was used to compress it. Of
course this is the drivers file, which is the one I likely need the
most for that computer. If all else fails, maybe you can post the
actual ISO file instead, but lets see if I just need other software to
open it first.

Thanks

Jimw

#2 (30 MB):
[...]

* * *
JIMw,

I am not nelson, but maybe this will help, since you are on dialup

Winrar is the software you need....

www.oldapps.com/winrar.php

JR the postman
Old May 5th 09, 03:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Nelson Ogden

Hi Jim:

I used WinRar to compress that file. You can download WinRar from
download.com. However, I also just posted the original ISO file in case you
can't get the compressed version to open. It is at
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.iso

Also, I unpacked the ISO of the drivers CD and put that up on my server. You
should be able to browse this on dial-up. However, it might will be time
consuming to download each driver file individually. But, if you want to
give it a try, the folder is at
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/4drivers

Lastly, were you able to burn the docs and apps discs? If so, I need to take
them off my server because I need the space. If anyone else out there still
needs them, please post and I will keep them alive until they are
downloaded. Otherwise, I need to take them down.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

-Nelson

Old May 12th 09, 10:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Nelson Ogden

Jim and group,

I am taking down the apps1, apps2, and w2ksp2 ISOs because I need the space.
If you or anyone else needs them, please message or email me and I can put
them back up temporarily.

-Nelson