How to boot by keyboard?

Old November 7th 04, 06:28 PM
ggroups2

Default How to boot by keyboard?

I went into the bios and selected the spacebar as the key to boot the
computer but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do? I
have a P4PE.

Old November 7th 04, 06:37 PM
Alex

Also set a jumper on the motherboard. PS/2 power on thingy. Refer to
manual.

ups.com...

Old November 7th 04, 06:52 PM
ggroups2

Ok I set the jumper but still no go. Damn does that mean my power
supply cannot supply at least 1A on the +5VSB lead whatever that means?

Old November 8th 04, 04:32 AM
sick society

"ggroups2" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok I set the jumper but still no go. Damn does that mean my power
supply cannot supply at least 1A on the +5VSB lead whatever that means?

Try some other way, I prefer Ctrl + Esc, since a mis-touch on Spacebar only
can restart PC
when not intended. The combo key above is not for accidental touch, except
in very rare case.

Old November 9th 04, 12:30 AM
ggroups2

Well it worked! I booted using the mouse then I changed it to sleep and
disabled mouse and it worked too. However I tried booting using the
sleep key and it didn't work today. This is strange. Also Ithe mouse
is still lit (optical) whent the computer is off even though mouse
booting is disabled.

Old November 10th 04, 11:05 PM
marsVoyager

This will only work with me if the box is continually connected to the
mains.
I have an outer, main switch. If I switch off the whole computer thing with
it (printer, screen, modem etc.) and then back on, well the space bar won't
re-boot the box.
ups.com...

Old November 11th 04, 02:11 AM
WoofWoof

Works that way for me too .... and probably everyone else. I believe
that's normal operation.

Old November 11th 04, 02:44 AM
John Blaustein

I have a P4P800-E Deluxe. If I switch off the power via a powerstrip (that
is, completely disconnect power to the PC), when I switch it back on, the
space bar will turn the machine on. Every night, I shut down the PC and
then turn off the power at the powerstrip. Each morning, I turn on the
powerstrip and press the space bar. PC boots fine. Go figure... if your
jumper is set and the BIOS is set, seems like it should work.

John