Acer 5715z fan problem

Old March 6th 08, 06:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
devin1100[_18_]

Default Acer 5715z fan problem

Hi im hoping someone can help me, my fan will work fine for about 2
hours it will kick on and off as needed but after the aprox 2 hours it
will stay off even if the cpu hits 80 degrees celcius. I have xp on
this laptop not vista so my drivers are not exacly the right ones, im
guessing that could be the problem. I installed the epower management
and that helped for about a day and tried reinstalling it when it
stoped working. The only way to get the fans to go back on is to
restart windows why that helps i dont know. if you have any questions
ask away.

--
devin1100
Old March 6th 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
HH

One of the many things one must consider before downgrading OS on a
notebook. Might be SOL and need to reinstall Vista or just live with a
periodic restart.

HH

Old March 6th 08, 02:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx

Hi im hoping someone can help me, my fan will work fine for about 2

Hello, you have got my same new laptop! Can you tell me if you have my
same problem (whine from AD adapter) reported some post before yours?

And about e-powering technology, I haven't got any CD! Have you?

Please write to me, my email is my sign at postino dot it, thank you
in advance.

Mhaxx
Old March 7th 08, 08:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
devin1100[_19_]

Mhaxx;795734 Wrote:
Hi im hoping someone can help me, my fan will work fine for about 2

Hello, you have got my same new laptop! Can you tell me if you have my
same problem (whine from AD adapter) reported some post before yours?

And about e-powering technology, I haven't got any CD! Have you?

Please write to me, my email is my sign at postino dot it, thank you
in advance.

Mhaxx

ocationaly i do get a whine but never checked where it was from and it
only happens when my screen is flashing quickly like say during a game
or movie.
and im not quite sure what u ment by this "And about e-powering
technology, I haven't got any CD! Have you?" if your talking about a
driver cd you can just got to the acer euro site and download the
drivers, it has to be acer euro cause the panam site dose not have the
5715z model listed

--
devin1100
Old March 7th 08, 09:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

Your Acer is equipped with a hidden disk partition that contains all you
need to restore the system to factory settings. This is accessed by a CD
which a utility program included will make for you. Be sure to locate the
program and make the CD. Then you can always get back to the start condition
of your system.

Acer prefaces all their utilities, it seems, with e- Try the help files for
details.

Good luck

Old March 8th 08, 05:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
devin1100[_20_]

Ya that partition is not quite so hidden lol and its not around anymore.
and im not trying to put vista back on im trying to fix my fan.

Wandering;796026 Wrote:
Your Acer is equipped with a hidden disk partition that contains all you

need to restore the system to factory settings. This is accessed by a
CD
which a utility program included will make for you. Be sure to locate
the
program and make the CD. Then you can always get back to the start
condition
of your system.

Acer prefaces all their utilities, it seems, with e- Try the help
files for
details.

Good luck

[/i][/color]

--
devin1100
Old March 8th 08, 10:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx

Your Acer is equipped with a hidden disk partition that contains all you
need to restore the system to factory settings. This is accessed by a CD
which a utility program included will make for you. Be sure to locate the

At the beginning you should to backup your PC image using "Acer
eRecovery Management" into CDs, then you'll be able to restore it. But
to restore you don't know how to perform it, maybe at the BIOS
start-up?.. how? I've read somewhere to press a button (F?).. but I
can't.. There should be a way to access eRecovery from BIOS start-up..
do you know how?

program and make the CD. Then you can always get back to the start condition
of your system.

Acer prefaces all their utilities, it seems, with e- Try the help files for
details.

I've installed all Windows Vista updates from MS site and some other
programs.. and now touchpad can't work! I only can use mouse: why?
I've tried to reinstall (by the CD set created by me as before I said)
its driver and Acer Launch Manager but nothing happens! HELPPPPP! :-(

Mhaxx
Old March 9th 08, 09:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
A Nother

"Mhaxx" wrote in message

I've installed all Windows Vista updates from MS site and some other
programs.. and now touchpad can't work! I only can use mouse: why?

Try Fn-F7

Old March 11th 08, 11:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx

I've installed all Windows Vista updates from MS site and some other
programs.. and now touchpad can't work! I only can use mouse: why?
I've tried to reinstall (by the CD set created by me as before I said)
its driver and Acer Launch Manager but nothing happens! HELPPPPP! :-(

What about it? Any idea how to solve this problem?

Mhaxx
Old March 12th 08, 01:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

It seem logical that you should roll back the last update, and continue one
by one till the touch pad works again.

Then reinstall all but the offending update.

Or, you could look to see which updates were actually drivers for your
hardware, and roll those back. Never get hardware updates from Vista
updates - go to the manufacturer of the computer or hardware and download
the latest versions there.

Finally, you could consider simply looking on the MFG website for the
drivers for your system, and download the driver for the touchpad and
install it.

The help files will get to to the update roll back, and a search of the MFG
site will get your drivers.

Then, set Vista update to only tell you they are available. Do not let Vista
update on it's own. Then look at the list that is offered, and do NOT
install any hardware updates from Vista. Check the website for the device,
and get it there.

Good luck.