External network hard drive with Ethernet connection

Old October 19th 08, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
olegb

Default External network hard drive with Ethernet connection

Hi All , i want to buy External network hard drive with Ethernet
connection , cause my router has only ethernet ports . Can some one
reccomened to my ? at the begining i wanted to by Western Digital My
world eddition 1T network drive , but recently i read a lot of bad
reviews on this hard disk .
Thanks a lot .
Oleg .
Old October 19th 08, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

olegb wrote:
Hi All , i want to buy External network hard drive with Ethernet
connection , cause my router has only ethernet ports . Can some one
reccomened to my ? at the begining i wanted to by Western Digital My
world eddition 1T network drive , but recently i read a lot of bad
reviews on this hard disk .
Thanks a lot .
Oleg .

The trick is, to find one with good reviews. There are at least
100 entries under "Network Storage (NAS)" on Newegg. For $280,
this is an enclosure with room for two disks. A fan is included
for cooling. You purchase and install your own drives with this
one.

There is a NAS performance chart here. Be prepared to spend
some time picking through the "turkeys". Some of these
are quite slow, performance wise.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/compo...as/Itemid,190/

Paul
Old October 21st 08, 08:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_3_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "olegb" typed:
Hi All , i want to buy External network hard drive with Ethernet
connection , cause my router has only ethernet ports . Can some one
reccomened to my ? at the begining i wanted to by Western Digital My
world eddition 1T network drive , but recently i read a lot of bad
reviews on this hard disk .
Thanks a lot .
Oleg .

I find that it's best to not read the bad reviews.
--
Shaun.