Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 10th 03, 09:10 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 2/5,6/02

Fixed-length packets...maintain the directory information
in RAM while the disc is in use ...

When you remove a fixed-length packet disc after having
written anything to it, the directory information is written
back from RAM.
======================

Are you sure about that, Mikey?

If the computer's RESET button is pressed while the disc is in use, it
would then be a disaster, wouldn't it, Mikey?

From: DeepOne
Subject: CD-RW Disc broken on DirectCD
Date: 7/9/00

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

When you load a fixed-length packet disc, the directory information
is read from the disc and translated in RAM. When you write to the
disc, the data are recorded immediately but the directory is updated
only in RAM. When you eject the disc or shut down Windows properly,
the directory information is transformed and written back to the disc.
Therefore, from the time you change something in the (RAM) directory
until that writeback, you can lose the directory if you have a
failure. That failure can be a power transient or a system lockup or
even forcing the disc to eject (in spite of the lock) using hardware.

I don't believe this is true with the latest versions of DirectCD (I'm
using 2.5d with Win98SE).

I've watched the disc write lights on my Plextor drives when ejecting a
DirectCD CD-RW disc, and the drive never does any writing at that time.

Once, in an attempt to prove this, I wrote a bunch of files to a
DirectCD CD-RW disc. As soon as the write pulses ceased,

I pressed the computer's RESET button.

After the computer restarted, the CD-RW disc was fine, and all the files
I had just written were fully accessible.

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 04:50 AM
Nero for Multisession discs: How much space is really left forfiles? smh Cdr 4 September 26th 03 09:06 AM
cd-rw is recognized but will not burn Alex Cdr 1 September 19th 03 06:41 AM
Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore... Joe Emenaker Cdr 0 June 25th 03 11:57 PM