Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Old October 22nd 03, 05:01 AM
Paul Soderman

Default Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!
_____________________
Regards, Paul Soderman

I'm also on AOL as Kidpocono

Old October 22nd 03, 06:36 AM
Jerry W Barrington

Paul Soderman wrote:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

I googled for "two burners" "in one machine", and a few articles (for PC)
indicate problems with 2 burners & the source harddrive sharing IDE
controllers. Otherwise, I dunno.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:46 AM
FOR7b

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!
_____________________
Regards, Paul Soderman

I'm also on AOL as Kidpocono

I have Nero and two identical writers and have yet to be able to figure out how
to write to both from the same time. It is said Nero supports that but they
certainly don't make it easy for you to find such a feature.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:41 PM
Mike Richter

Paul Soderman wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
duplication installation.

Other programs will let you do as you ask, using two instances of the
program writing to different drives from different source files. In that
case, the drives do not have to be identical. At one time, I
experimented successfully with that using CDRWin; both drives were on
the same SCSI card.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old October 22nd 03, 07:24 PM
Dan G

Only retail Nero allows this option, and only to 2 drives at once. They do
have to be "very similar" drives, and must both be burning at the same speed
and write strategy to avoid buffer issues. They can be on the same IDE
channel, or separate, doesn't matter with most IDE controllers.
Burning to 2 drives from different programs ( or 2 instances of Nero) is no
problem either as long as the drives are on separate channels and your
HD/system is up to doing the 2 tasks at once.

"Derek MacKeddie" wrote in message
The message
from xnxnxnx (FOR7b) contains these words:

snip

I have Nero and two identical writers and have yet to be able to
figure out how
to write to both from the same time. It is said Nero supports that but

they
certainly don't make it easy for you to find such a feature.

The option to burn using both recorders,which don't have to be
identical,is on the 'Burn' tab in the 'compilation' properties.
I think it's only available in the retail version of Nero.

--
Cheers,
Derek,

"75% of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment"

Old October 22nd 03, 10:19 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Paul Soderman wrote:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

In the Burn tab of New Compilation or Write CD window, check "Use
Multiple Recorders".

Ideally you want the drives with the same model and firmware version,
but all Nero requires is there should be common write speed.
Old October 23rd 03, 12:23 AM
smh

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Paul Soderman wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
duplication installation.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

Prassi PrimoCD Plus and PrimoCD Pro64 simultaneously burn to 2 and 64
burners, respectively. Click'N Burn and RecordNow MAX simultaneously
burn to 64 burners. Nero simultaneously burns to 2 burners.

Other programs will let you do as you ask, using two instances of the
program writing to different drives from different source files.

None of the programs cited above require multiple instances.

In that
case, the drives do not have to be identical.

None of the programs cited above require identical drives (with only one
instance).

At one time, I
experimented successfully with that using CDRWin; both drives were on
the same SCSI card.

Save your two bit experience, and breath.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

----------------------
Mikey, you are a Scum!
----------------------
Old October 23rd 03, 03:27 AM
Jerry W Barrington

smh wrote:

In the Burn tab of New Compilation or Write CD window, check "Use
Multiple Recorders".

Ideally you want the drives with the same model and firmware version,
but all Nero requires is there should be common write speed.

Please turn the volume down on the venom. Mike's answer seemed perfectly helpful
to me. Most people for home use aren't going to need to burn 2 copies of the
same disc at once, so Mike & I both assumed Paul wanted to run 2 *different*
burns at once.

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 11:33 PM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 05:50 AM
Nero for Multisession discs: How much space is really left forfiles? smh Cdr 4 September 26th 03 09:06 AM
cd-rw is recognized but will not burn Alex Cdr 1 September 19th 03 06:41 AM
Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore... Joe Emenaker Cdr 0 June 25th 03 11:57 PM