Wierd Monitor Thing with Ti4200

Old January 13th 04, 02:45 AM
archagon

Default Wierd Monitor Thing with Ti4200

Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
a crappy video card?
Old January 13th 04, 03:52 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

i woulnt say that the 4200 is crappy... not by a long shot.

could be driver related...

NuTs

om...

Old January 13th 04, 10:13 PM
Alan

Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
a crappy video card?

turn on vsync it whould fix it

Old January 13th 04, 11:54 PM
archagon

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message ...
i woulnt say that the 4200 is crappy... not by a long shot.

could be driver related...

NuTs

"archagon" wrote in message
om...
Hello! I'm running America's Army on a P42.8ghz 512MB RAM with a
GF4Ti4200(64MB). I wasn't expecting high FPS (I got around 30 on
average) but the wierd thing is, whenever I looked at an edge (say, a
corner) and turned, chunky blocks of the edge remaind behind while the
others scrolled. This happened very quickly, but was still noticable.
The question is: is this a monitor problem or just something that
happens when you play a game with new-gen graphics on a computer with
a crappy video card?

It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.
Old January 14th 04, 01:42 AM
Yeremein

It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.

Maybe. Have you tried the final retail versions of HL2 or Doom3 with a
Ti4200? :P

Besides, America's Army uses the UT2003 engine, which runs just fine on
GF4 Ti cards...

Old February 5th 04, 11:02 PM
nut cracker

Oh, thats right. I forgot to consider how this card runs games that dont
exist yet.

Old February 6th 04, 08:08 PM
archagon

Yeremein wrote in message ...
It's kinda crappy for the next-gen games like HL2 and Doom3.

Maybe. Have you tried the final retail versions of HL2 or Doom3 with a
Ti4200? :P

Besides, America's Army uses the UT2003 engine, which runs just fine on
GF4 Ti cards...

Are you nuts? My GF4 runs AA at about 15fps...at best.
Did I perhaps forget to mention that it is the 64MB version and not the 128MB one?