! ! ! ALERT ! ! ! ENERMAX front panel ref UC-A07FATR2 is reversed wired ! ! ! DANGEROUS ! ! !

Old July 3rd 03, 07:26 PM
Zantafio

Default ! ! ! ALERT ! ! ! ENERMAX front panel ref UC-A07FATR2 is reversed wired ! ! ! DANGEROUS ! ! !

I just installed the ENERMAX front panel ref UC-A07FATR2 (Thermal control
panel) including LCD and speed adjustment for two fans as well as IEEE 1394
socket, two USB 2.0 a line in and a line out.

This module comes with spare cables and an attached T-power supply
cable/connector.

! ! ! ! ! ! The +5V and the +12 V are inverted ! ! ! ! ! !

I didn't inspect the cable before connection. The result is that I fried my
SCSI CD burner the T-power supply cable was connected to.

This could be an isolated problem due to bad workmanship as well as a lot
related one due to a bad drawing.

As a recommendation: inspect all cables before mounting. If no idea of what
should be the arrangement, just compare with other already mounted similar
cables.

--
http://evidence-eliminator-sucks.com/eesucks/