Compaq Presario 2100 DESKTOP - Please help provide drivers PLEASE

Old October 7th 06, 09:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Compaq Presario 2100 DESKTOP - Please help provide drivers PLEASE

I have been searching for drivers for the compaq presario 2100 desktop
for 2 weeks.

What I need is the IDE / Hard Drive Controller driver for windows 95.

The compaq presario 2100 desktop had the Cyrix MediaGX chip that
controlled everything. But I cant find the IDE driver.

There is a driver on driverguide.com but it does not work on compaq
systems!

Does anyone still have the restore cd possibly? Please help, my head
feels like it will explode.

P.S. This is not for the presario 2100 laptop.... for some stupid
reason compaq decided to name their laptops after old desktop systems.

I need the Windows 95 drivers for the 2100 presario DESKTOP!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help if you have any.

P.P.S. Please dont tell me to look at compaq's website... their
drivers (or soft packs as they call them) suck and do not provide the
IDE driver! WTF

Please help. Thanks a bunch in advance!!!!!!
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
Old October 7th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

Was Immer ) wrote in
ng.com:

P.P.S. Please dont tell me to look at compaq's website... their
drivers (or soft packs as they call them) suck and do not provide
the IDE driver! WTF

However they do have information on how to order recovery disks, did
you try that?
Old October 8th 06, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

Won't find them. QR discs for Windows 95 machines were discontinued years
ago. No longer available from Compaq. Unless an individual has a set he's
SOL.

HH

"XS11E" wrote in message
Was Immer ) wrote in
ng.com:

Old October 8th 06, 05:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

"HH" wrote in
:

Won't find them. QR discs for Windows 95 machines were
discontinued years ago. No longer available from Compaq. Unless an
individual has a set he's SOL.

Did you check Ebay?

I HAD THE DISCS you need in my hands just two months ago, someone
donated a Presario 2100 with the Cyrex chip where I work and it took a
very long time to get someone to take it, even for free. I could have
easily copied the discs had I known.... sorry.

OK, Google comes through as always:

http://www.techmedia-labs.com/Compaq...psRecovery.htm

$28.75 and you'll have to go to Windows 98.

You might want to email them first.

Good luck!
Old October 8th 06, 06:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

hey XS11E thanks for the link.

I saw that site in my search, but I believe the disks they offer are
for the 2100 series laptops.

For some stupid reason Compaq names all their new laptops after old
desktop models.

For instance the Compaq Preasrio 2100 (which I have), if you search
compaq it comes up with a new modern AMD Latop with Windows XP.

I hate compaq!

I wish I had written this message two months ago, I actually took this
computer out two months ago and its been sitting on my to do list till
I finally started to seriously look for drivers two weeks ago.

I guess I am SOL - this will probably go in the trash. The bus master
driver is the one that is critical and impossible to find - the one on
driverguide.com will not work in the compaq models.

If anyone down the line has the drivers, please post them. I will
keep an eye on here.

Thanks again XS11E for your input.
Old October 8th 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

Was Immer ) wrote in
g.com:

hey XS11E thanks for the link.

I saw that site in my search, but I believe the disks they offer
are for the 2100 series laptops.

The link specifically shows the Presario 2100 desktop.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 December 19th 04 01:58 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 November 1st 04 03:54 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 17th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 10th 04 12:49 PM
Restore CD and Floppy for CompaQ Presario 2100 DESKTOP _/\\/\\FliX/\\/\\_ Compaq Computers 0 January 4th 04 05:14 PM