Software for a 'batch' conversion TIFF to JPEG

Old December 7th 03, 09:31 PM
Kevin Miller

Default Software for a 'batch' conversion TIFF to JPEG

Is there such a program? Quality isn't a big issue, I just have
hundreds of TIFF files I'd like to convert to JPEG - hopefully all at
once... thanks!

Kevin Miller
Old December 7th 03, 10:24 PM
Major Malfunction

"Wayne Fulton" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Is there such a program? Quality isn't a big issue, I just have
hundreds of TIFF files I'd like to convert to JPEG - hopefully all at
once... thanks!

Irfanview is a good free program that does this well in batch mode.
See
http://www.irfanview.com

ReaConverter Pro, while not free, is priced fairly. The free trial version
will allow 10 scans at a time in the batch. If you're happy, you can pay for
an unlock code that will allow an unlimited batch size. Nice program, good
interface and lots of functions that may be useful if you do a lot of
conversions. CAUTION: while the manual says it will read WPG files,
apparently there is more than one standard for that format. Not all WPG
files are convertible with this program.
http://www.reasoft.com/products/reaconverter/

Old December 7th 03, 11:49 PM
Stewart DIBBS

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message

Is there such a program? Quality isn't a big issue, I just have
hundreds of TIFF files I'd like to convert to JPEG - hopefully all at
once... thanks!

See www.vysor.com and the PiXCL IP language product. FreePiXCL will do what
you need, with a few lines of code
ie make a loop to acquire the input names, and call
LoadBitmap(TIFfileName$)
SaveBitmap(JPEGfileName$)

The whole app might take 20 lines if you keep it simple.
Makes an EXE too if this is what you need.

There is of course the commercial PiXCL 5 version that's not free...with
greater functionality.

regards,
Stewart DIBBS
Developer of the FreePiXCL 4.48
PiXCL 5 and geoPiXCL 5 Image Processing Languages
for Windows 2000/XP
www.vysor.com Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA

Old December 10th 03, 02:48 AM
Kevin Miller

You have no idea how much time you've saved me!!!! I wish I could
but you dinner or something... Thank you my friend...

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:18:00 -0600, Wayne Fulton
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Old December 10th 03, 01:19 PM
Major Malfunction

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message

You have no idea how much time you've saved me!!!! I wish I could
but you dinner or something... Thank you my friend...

Thank the proper person: Register your software!

Even freeware has an author behind it and most of the freeware programs I've
encountered have a means of submitting a "donation" to the author when you
register your copy. Whenever I've used a piece of freeware or shareware that
I've found really useful, I've sent a donation to the author. Without these
contributions, many cannot continue their development.

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:18:00 -0600, Wayne Fulton
wrote:

In article ,
says...