2500+ & abit NF7-S & mushkin PC433 & 9800SE All-In-Wonder

Old January 18th 04, 10:16 AM
Jo Schwarz

Default 2500+ & abit NF7-S & mushkin PC433 & 9800SE All-In-Wonder

Hi,

i want to buy the following system:

CPU AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Boxed
MB ATX SA Abit NF7-S V2.0 nForce2
DDR PC433 1GB Mushkin Dual-Kit Level 1
128MB Hercules 9800SE All-In-Wonder RTL
2x HDD SATA 80GB Samsung SP0812C 8MB
GEH Midi Chieftec DX-01 SL-D-U Silver
PSU Tagan TG380-U01 380W
DVD IDE Lite-On 16/48
DVDR IDE NEC ND-2500A +-R/RW
5x YS-Tech Silent FD1281253B-2A

I choosed 2500+ boxed, because in my shop weren't any tray's left and
i read that Boxed isn't as bad. For the Abit, i think, it's the best
board at the moment for the xp.

I wanted to take corsair's, but there were only mushkin and the 433 is
just 10$ more than the 400.

I read that the 9800SE All-in-Wonder is easy to trick with another
driver and will work as 9800 Pro with the extra pipes.

The Samsung's should work as Fast Raid, perhaps i take 160er.

The chieftec looks good and has good design for cooling and the tagan
gives enough power.

I'm very sure that i get a locked Barton, so i just want to push FSB
to a stable level. Do i make some basic error ? Do you have experience
with this combo(s) and can give me your best settings and benchmark
values ?

Thx for reply.
-
Jo
Old January 19th 04, 07:03 AM
Jo Schwarz

"Jo Schwarz" wrote:

Hi,

i want to buy the following system:

CPU AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Boxed
MB ATX SA Abit NF7-S V2.0 nForce2
DDR PC433 1GB Mushkin Dual-Kit Level 1
128MB Hercules 9800SE All-In-Wonder RTL
2x HDD SATA 80GB Samsung SP0812C 8MB
GEH Midi Chieftec DX-01 SL-D-U Silver
PSU Tagan TG380-U01 380W
DVD IDE Lite-On 16/48
DVDR IDE NEC ND-2500A +-R/RW
5x YS-Tech Silent FD1281253B-2A

I wanted to take corsair's, but there were only mushkin and the 433 is
just 10$ more than the 400.

I now read that it is better to be in sync with Ram and Mobo. So for
the Abit PC2700 will be best, because Multiplier for the Barton is
fixed. But I probably want to upgrade to Athlon 64 Proc and Mobo in
one year, so PC3200 will be better.

But then, what are PC3500s good for ?

Jo
Old January 20th 04, 04:36 AM
OZoNE

"Jo Schwarz" wrote in message
om...
[...]

With the locked cpu set FSB at 200 for ram/cpu and youll have a XP3200+
2.2ghz speed.
set it to 205/210 fsb and cpu speed will also increase ...may need a little
more vcore for stability but damn good cpu...most report 2.2Ghz at stock
voltages.
OZoNE