what version drivers to install for new setup of aiw600pro

Old December 4th 05, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default what version drivers to install for new setup of aiw600pro

New install of winxp pro sp/2
aiw600pro (never had any ATI drivers installed yet).

Should I use the outdated software from box or should I go to ATI and
install that.
I have been reading this group for a little while. At least long enough to
know there a way too many conflicts with Ati and the proper operation of
their software causing many users to remove versions and re-installing
others. Any tips (other than ditching the card ) would be great.

Jeff

Old December 4th 05, 11:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

My first time ever in this group but I have an answer or two for you.
I always get the latest drivers for new hardware from the
manufacturers website if available, with one exception. I own an ATI
9800Pro and I use the drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net/. There
are many more built-in options with these drivers than the drivers
from ATI. And the bonus is all the settings are already tweaked, just
install it and forget about it. Ive had ZERO problems with these
drivers over the past two years and I highly recommend for ATI cards.
I would also create a "Restore Point' before installation of these or
any other drivers just to err on the side of caution. Hope this helps.

This is from the guy that builds the drivers:

"The purpose of the Omega Drivers is to provide gamers with an
alternate set of drivers, ones that have more options and features
than the original sets. The drivers contain optimizations, extra
features (like OC capabilities), more resolutions and internal tweaks
that can give them the edge in a gaming environment over the normal
drivers, which are often tailored for synthetic benchmarks. All Omega
driver sets are tested (unless noted) by myself in my own PC or in an
alternate PC (in the case of the Nvidia drivers) to ensure maximum
compatibility and reliability. I do this hobby in my spare time, since
I have a personal life and a day work, so don't expect me to be
up-to-date with everybody or everything, that means, don't send me
E-Mail with questions like"When is the next set going to be released?"
or "Are your drivers faster than "insert company here" drivers?",
cause they will NOT be answered. When new official drivers are
released by a company, expect an Omega release based on them, but
don't expect a release date to be given, they will be ready when they
are ready..."