Font problem in Outlook Express

Old August 16th 03, 10:06 PM
Forrest

Default Font problem in Outlook Express

I have Win XP Pro and Office XP on my machine. It installed Outlook Express
6 with the XP CD. When I choose (rich text) html for e-mails, several fonts
will have parts of them missing. It looks like a news paper would if the
type set fonts weren't completely covered with ink before making contact
with the paper when printing. When I use regular fonts there's no problem.
The machine exhibits no other problems. The graphics card is fine ( Radeon
9000 ) 128 mgs of ram and new Sony 19 in. monitor. any ideas?
While I'm at it .... I do have one other minor problem, should post it
in Windows group I guess but ... my tool bar on the bottom is now double
wide. I can drag it down but it then disappears. For some reason I can't get
it back to the single width. Is there a registry setting for that or what? I
can't find anything else to adjust with the bar itself.

Thanks, Forrest

Old August 16th 03, 10:31 PM
Conor

In article , REMOVETHISrunforrest1
@hotmail.com says...
I have Win XP Pro and Office XP on my machine. It installed Outlook Express
6 with the XP CD. When I choose (rich text) html for e-mails, several fonts
will have parts of them missing. It looks like a news paper would if the
type set fonts weren't completely covered with ink before making contact
with the paper when printing. When I use regular fonts there's no problem.
The machine exhibits no other problems. The graphics card is fine ( Radeon
9000 ) 128 mgs of ram and new Sony 19 in. monitor. any ideas?

Go no further. E-mails should be plain text. If you want to send
HTML/RTF, send a Word document.

--
________________________
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763
________________________

Old August 17th 03, 03:38 AM
Stacey

Conor wrote:

In article , REMOVETHISrunforrest1
@hotmail.com says...
I have Win XP Pro and Office XP on my machine. It installed Outlook
Express 6 with the XP CD. When I choose (rich text) html for e-mails,
several fonts will have parts of them missing. It looks like a news paper
would if the type set fonts weren't completely covered with ink before
making contact with the paper when printing. When I use regular fonts
there's no problem. The machine exhibits no other problems. The graphics
card is fine ( Radeon 9000 ) 128 mgs of ram and new Sony 19 in. monitor.
any ideas?

Go no further. E-mails should be plain text. If you want to send
HTML/RTF, send a Word document.

Ditto, HTML email should be illegal..
--

Stacey
Old August 17th 03, 04:10 AM
JAD

think about all the things we would do without if we got rid of everything
that a few crooks exploited. its mostly people that are not explained the
fundamentals of email that get caught. It sucks NTL...

PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
Outlook 2003 problem Gary General 1 July 16th 04 02:07 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Outlook Express Mail Query | the sys admin | Homebuilt PC's 0 August 6th 03 01:07 AM