Motherboard Woes

Old August 15th 03, 11:53 PM
Mordheim

Default Motherboard Woes

I hope someone out there can help me. Just upgraded system to Athlon 2.2G,
ECS
K7S6A motherboard, old nvidia gforcemx2 graphics - windows me
reinstalled(about 7 times now to try and solve prob). Windows loads fine but
whenever playiong games keeps chucking me back to windows screen . checking
around found a hardware conflict on the input/output range between 290 and
297 . Would remove the offending bit but its between the PCI bus and the
Motherboard Resources. Have removed and reinstalled drivers and reserved
this block but no change (When reserved would not recognise any pheriphs).
Anyone have a clue how to help post message or email me at
- ecs newsgroups dont cover this topic, will cc
this post there

Old August 16th 03, 03:37 AM
Mordheim

sorry for being an idiot but reset config to enable what exact - have just
formatted comp and reinstalled me
link.net...

Old August 16th 03, 03:49 AM
Mordheim

the bios for the motherboard sadly does not contain an option to disable pnp
os thanks for suggestion though
"Mordheim" wrote in message
sorry for being an idiot but reset config to enable what exact - have just
formatted comp and reinstalled me
link.net...

Old August 16th 03, 04:14 PM
Peter Ives

In article , Mordheim
writes
I hope someone out there can help me. Just upgraded system to Athlon
2.2G,
ECS
K7S6A motherboard, old nvidia gforcemx2 graphics - windows me
reinstalled(about 7 times now to try and solve prob). Windows loads fine but
whenever playiong games keeps chucking me back to windows screen .
checking
around found a hardware conflict on the input/output range between 290 and
297 . Would remove the offending bit but its between the PCI bus and the
Motherboard Resources. Have removed and reinstalled drivers and
reserved
this block but no change (When reserved would not recognise any
pheriphs).
Anyone have a clue how to help post message or email me at
- ecs newsgroups dont cover this topic, will cc
this post there

That's an old card, which may be struggling a bit in your system, and
could possibly overheating. Have you tried keeping the case open to see
if more cooling gives any kind of improvement?
--
Peter Ives
Remove ALL_STRESS only before sending me an email
Old August 16th 03, 06:50 PM
Mordheim

case is always open at the moment - fit it back together till problem
sorted - fed up of having to open case
"Peter Ives" wrote in message
o.uk...
In article , Mordheim
writes

Old August 16th 03, 08:11 PM
Bob M

Mordheim wrote:

the bios for the motherboard sadly does not contain an option to disable pnp

Should be in the BIOS under PCI/Plug and Play section. Change Plug and
Play Aware OS to NO.

Bob

--
Pilot's Prayer- Lose not thy airspeed, Lest the ground rise up and smite
thee.
Old August 16th 03, 09:05 PM
Mordheim

Well having followed everyones advice so far with no results i have spoken
the shop, bloke said there was a 50/50 chance windowsxp will solve it . Have
borrowed my brothers copy to try to see if it does, if this fixes will
update you lot and have to go and buy a copy windowsxp (£85 quid extra :- )

Old August 16th 03, 09:51 PM
JAD

oh man your kidding right? Xp will not SOLVE anything cept give MS and
your ' bloke' some money in the bank. if thats the case then just
reinstall your current OS over itself (with no loss of data).

"Mordheim" wrote in message
Well having followed everyones advice so far with no results i have spoken
the shop, bloke said there was a 50/50 chance windowsxp will solve it .

Have
borrowed my brothers copy to try to see if it does, if this fixes will
update you lot and have to go and buy a copy windowsxp (£85 quid extra

:- )

A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony General 6 October 18th 04 05:38 AM
Motherboard for P4. MS Overclocking 80 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 01:40 AM
ASUS P2B Overclocking Motherboard Woes Anthony Brohan Overclocking 0 September 21st 03 03:30 PM