Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

Old July 9th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Lief

Default Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

"Gladiator" wrote in message
I admit this is partially my fault for
not researching the mb properly but

I foolishly assumed this meant both keyboard and
mouse PS2.

. Thanks Asus!

Wow, you post this, where you ****ed up, people try and help and you yell at
em for it.

Buy a new KVM..sux 2 b u!!!

Old July 10th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gladiator

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:27:08 -0500, Rob
wrote:

As I read it, the OP doesn't want to use USB because of resources but I
reckon it would cost more to buy a new USB KVM instead of using this
converter which, by the way, is stated in the spec list to work with
KVM's. USB is gonna have to be used, one way or the other, with his
mobo. If I had the OP's issue, I'd sure try this first. I'd rather try
this one tho because I recognize the brand better:
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...1501&sku=27225
Rob C.

OK, I've bookmarked that page and may give it a shot. But for $50.00
bucks I can get a new KVM that supports both USB and PS2 so may go
that route too. This would have worked out much better for me if I
wasn't sideblinded by Asus saying this mb has PS2. Having only
keyboard PS2 isn't worth much, IMO.
Old July 10th 07, 05:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gladiator

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:00:22 GMT, "Lief" wrote:

Oh and worrying about ps2 vs USB cpu usage on today's spec's is erm, a bit
strange ;p

I'm not worried about it, just stating a fact. If you were a gamer you
would tweak your PC to have max cpu resources available at all times
too. That's why I use an X-Fi soundcard, oh right, Vista ruined the
benefit of using X-fi too. Yea, that's the ticket, just let the cpu
handle it all, they are cheap enough.
Old July 10th 07, 05:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gladiator

**** you.

Old July 10th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Lief

"Gladiator" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:00:22 GMT, "Lief" wrote:

Oh and worrying about ps2 vs USB cpu usage on today's spec's is erm, a

bit
strange ;p

I'm not worried about it, just stating a fact. If you were a gamer you
would tweak your PC to have max cpu resources available at all times
too. That's why I use an X-Fi soundcard, oh right, Vista ruined the
benefit of using X-fi too. Yea, that's the ticket, just let the cpu
handle it all, they are cheap enough.

It was a fact about 10years ago....makes sod all difference now, I doubt
you'd even be able to benchmark it.

Old July 11th 07, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gladiator

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:49:37 GMT, "Lief" wrote:

It was a fact about 10years ago....makes sod all difference now, I doubt
you'd even be able to benchmark it.

Really? You don't say? Then read this dumbass.

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-974...547-1023_3-0-5
Old July 11th 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gladiator

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:48:58 GMT, "Lief" wrote:

Truth hurts

Nope, just that BS artists get no respect from me.
Old July 11th 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Roger Hamlett

"Gladiator" wrote in message
I bought the P5K recently thinking it had both mouse and keyboard PS2.
After I recieved the mb I realized it only has keyboard PS2. What's
the point of that? If someone is going to use keyboard PS2 then it is
common for them to use mouse PS2 also. There are two reason I prefer
PS2. One is a major issue. PS2 uses less cpu resources than USB so I
choose PS2. The major issue is that I use a KVM that only has PS2. It
works great for me. Now I have to go buy a KVM with both PS2 and USB.
Good KVM's don't come cheap. I admit this is partially my fault for
not researching the mb properly but when I saw PS2 listed in the specs
at the Asus website I foolishly assumed this meant both keyboard and
mouse PS2. If it had no PS2 at all I would be happier because then I
wouldn't have been fooled into thinking it had both. I'm not a happy
camper because of this issue. Thanks Asus!

I have a couple of motherboards here, which have only one PS/2 connector,
but implement both the keyboard and mouse signals on the one connection
(they use pin2 for the mouse data, and pin6 for the clock).These are
common on some laptops, and if the plug does have both signals, a simple
'splitter cable' can be used to access both signals. The advantage from
the manufacturers point of view is the saving of space, and cost of the
extra connector, but including both interfaces costs basically nothing,
since the chipsets at present still implement both signals.
It might be worth checking.

Best Wishes

Old July 11th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Bruce.

"Roger Hamlett" wrote in message
I have a couple of motherboards here, which have only one PS/2 connector,
but implement both the keyboard and mouse signals on the one connection
(they use pin2 for the mouse data, and pin6 for the clock).

There is no mention of that either in the P5K web site specifications, or in
the P5K motherboard manual.

Bruce.