sys credentials

Old March 2nd 08, 03:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Default sys credentials

Has anyone ever found where PB put the hidden file for system credentials?
mc

Old March 2nd 08, 01:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"AWM" wrote in message
Has anyone ever found where PB put the hidden file for system credentials?
mc

winspec.exe

see this for other tools

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...4/pbtools.html

Old March 2nd 08, 02:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using norton
ghost would work?
mc
"philo" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 02:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"AWM" wrote in message
I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the

hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the

sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using norton
ghost would work?
mc

If you are using winspec.exe
AFAIK the accompanying files a

winspec.gid
winspec.ini
winspec.dsp
winspec.mpk

"philo" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 05:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

"philo" wrote in message

"AWM" wrote in message
Has anyone ever found where PB put the hidden file for system
credentials?
mc

winspec.exe

see this for other tools

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../pbtools.html- Hide quoted text -

I do not know what you are trying to do exactly
but syscred.exe will display the system credentials in windowsIt even
works in windows xp
for my system

Would you like the file emailed to you
Old March 2nd 08, 05:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Yes that would be great if you can send that file and I'll see if it works
on the 3 different PBs I'm playing with, thanks metronoid. When I run the
SYS Cred on the copied HD the lines are empty with no information
The information on Rays oldPB site indicate there is a hidden file somewhere
and when you format or install a new HD the hidden file is lost....thus I
was trying to clone the original.
mc

Old March 2nd 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Thanks philo I'll look for those, one PB uses winspec the other uses the
updated sys cred..
mc
"philo" wrote in message
. ..

"AWM" wrote in message
I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the

hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the

sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using
norton
ghost would work?
mc

If you are using winspec.exe
AFAIK the accompanying files a

winspec.gid
winspec.ini
winspec.dsp
winspec.mpk

"philo" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 2nd 08, 05:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Mar 2, 12:32*pm, "AWM" wrote:
Thanks philo I'll look for those, one PB uses winspec the other uses the
updated sys cred..
mc"philo" wrote in message

. ..

"AWM" wrote in message
I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the

hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the

sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using
norton
ghost would work?
mc

If you are using winspec.exe
AFAIK the accompanying files a

winspec.gid
winspec.ini
winspec.dsp
winspec.mpk

"philo" wrote in message
t...

"AWM" wrote in message
Has anyone ever found where PB put the hidden file for system
credentials?
mc

winspec.exe

see this for other tools

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../pbtools.html- Hide quoted text -

You need to email me a
so I can send file
If it does require a file on the HD
as mine already has then you may need to choose a generic
format depending on system
Old March 2nd 08, 05:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

mc"philo" wrote in message

"AWM" wrote in message
I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the
hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the
sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using
norton
ghost would work?
mc

If you are using winspec.exe
AFAIK the accompanying files a

winspec.gid
winspec.ini
winspec.dsp
winspec.mpk

"philo" wrote in message
t...

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ools.html-Hide quoted text -

You need to email me a
so I can send file
If it does require a file on the HD
as mine already has then you may need to choose a generic
format depending on system- Hide quoted text -

I am also sure you know the program Sandra Sisoft identifies all
components
Old March 2nd 08, 07:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

mc"philo" wrote in message

"AWM" wrote in message
I've read this, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to copy the
hidden
file the winspec.exe reads. I copied the original HD to a WD HD but the
sys
cred does not work. So I guess the western digital 11.2 copy partition
program program is not the best cloning software. I wonder if using
norton
ghost would work?
mc

If you are using winspec.exe
AFAIK the accompanying files a

winspec.gid
winspec.ini
winspec.dsp
winspec.mpk

"philo" wrote in message
t...

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...tml-Hidequoted text -

You need to email me a
so I can send file
If it does require a file on the HD
as mine already has then you may need to choose a generic
format depending on system- Hide quoted text -

I am also sure you know the program Sandra Sisoft identifies all
components- Hide quoted text -

I am wrong
It may not be doable
The systems info at the point of manufacture is placed on the Hd
and can vary based on what CDROM or HD that was present at that time.
It is not to the best of my knowledge available on the Master CD
Much info of course is searchable by the serial number on
www.prioirtyonesupport.com

As I said sandraSisoft will also tell some info
Actually quite a bit.

The information appears to have been in zero sector I was told
but I can not confirm this as this sector is a 512 bite sector and I
have no PB system