ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

Old March 1st 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dave

Default ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

As in the title, ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

This is a lot more than the description might suggest - I'd rather
like one but nobody seems to have any in the UK.

Dave.
http://www.henniker.org.uk 3000 photos especially
Edinburgh & Scotland. + 3D rendered art, old ads etc.
Délété david for email; watch the spam filters.
Old March 3rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DCH

Dave wrote:
As in the title, ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

This is a lot more than the description might suggest - I'd rather
like one but nobody seems to have any in the UK.

Dave.

I couldn't find it stocked in the UK. There may be stock in Holland and
Germany. I picked mine up in Mongkok Computer Centre in Hong Kong when
passing through.

Derek
Old March 3rd 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dave

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:41:46 GMT, DCH somehow
managed to impart:

Dave wrote:
As in the title, ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

This is a lot more than the description might suggest - I'd rather
like one but nobody seems to have any in the UK.

Dave.

I couldn't find it stocked in the UK. There may be stock in Holland and
Germany. I picked mine up in Mongkok Computer Centre in Hong Kong when
passing through.

Derek

Thanks, Derek. It looks like I may have to cast my net further afield.
(Apologies for mixed metaphor) Why don't more users want to be able to
download from BitTorrent without even switching their computer on?
(rhetorical). I was thinking of shared network storage and standalone
network printer too. All in one cool little box - but nobody's got
any.

Old March 3rd 07, 07:49 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DCH

Dave wrote:
As in the title, ASUS WL-700gE Wireless router - anyone got stock?

This is a lot more than the description might suggest - I'd rather
like one but nobody seems to have any in the UK.

Dave.

I couldn't find it stocked in the UK. There may be stock in Holland and
Germany. I picked mine up in Mongkok Computer Centre in Hong Kong when
passing through.

Derek

Thanks, Derek. It looks like I may have to cast my net further afield.
(Apologies for mixed metaphor) Why don't more users want to be able to
download from BitTorrent without even switching their computer on?
(rhetorical). I was thinking of shared network storage and standalone
network printer too. All in one cool little box - but nobody's got
any.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I use the shared network storage (its the 250Gb model) and for FTP
access for external users. I have experimented with using it for
downloads, but as I am on a 4Mb connection most downloads are already
pretty quick without needing to use the WL700. I would use it for
downloads if I were downloading an image of a CD or DVD. Ironically, I
don't need it for its network printing ability as both my printers have
network cards in them.

I nearly bought it from a Dutch dealer - that might be worth trying if
you are very keen on getting it.

Derek

Help, do I need a wireless router? TW General 9 May 27th 05 02:52 PM
help: connecting wireless router using wireless lan card. [email protected] General 5 December 12th 04 06:03 PM
wireless router drew Dell Computers 1 August 28th 04 10:16 PM
Q: Wireless router to go with Dell laptop with Truemobile 1150 mini-PCI wireless card Mark Bray Dell Computers 7 May 12th 04 12:55 PM
Another OK deal - Compusa online is offering the Belkin router wireless AND a laptop wireless belkin card for $20 after rebate the "B" versions [email protected] General 0 April 26th 04 10:15 AM