New release of sys_basher, Linux hardware stress test andbenchmarking tool

Old January 7th 07, 07:16 PM posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
General Schvantzkoph

Default New release of sys_basher, Linux hardware stress test andbenchmarking tool

I've put another release of sys_basher, rev 1.0.5, on the web. I wrote
sys_basher to test the stability of my new Core2 system. It does extensive
memory diagnostics, disk I/O tests and floating point tests. It uses
pthreads to run from 1 to 256 independent threads so it's capably of
keeping all of the cores in a multiprocessor system running at 100% load
using 100% of the memory bandwidth. It also provides memory, disk and
floating point bandwidth stats.

I've tested it on the following systems,

PII 450MHz, 384M, Fedora Core 6 (32 bit)
PIII, 500MHz, 512M, Fedora Core 4
Dual Xeon (P4 generation), 2G, Fedora Core 4
Athlon 64 3400+ (754 pin), 1G, Fedora Core 5
Athlon 64 3800+ (939 pin), 2.5G, Fedora Core 6
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (939 pin), 4G, Fedora Core 6 (64 bit)
Core2 Duo E6700, 4G, Fedora Core 6 (64 bit)

The program is straight POSIX C so it should run on any *nix system. There
is a PTHREADs library available for Windows so it's possible that it could
also run on a Windows system with some work. I'd appreciate it if any of
you who are interested in having an open source hardware stress test would
download the program and run it. Please let me know if there are any
problems with the program. I'd also appreciate any other suggestions and
feedback that you might have.

You can get sys_basher here,

http://www.polybus.com/sys_basher_web/
Old January 8th 07, 12:04 PM posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Peter D.

General Schvantzkoph wrote:

[snip]
I've tested it on the following systems,

[snip]
I'd also appreciate any other suggestions and
feedback that you might have.

[snip]

It compiled and ran without any FAILs on an
Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (AM2), 0.5G, Mandriva 2007.

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.