200GB hard drive I cant format under win2k

Old July 3rd 03, 03:10 AM
PGB

Default 200GB hard drive I cant format under win2k

Ok here is the deal. I have a machine with 2 HD, one is a 20GB primary
master, and a 200GB primary slave. When win2k booted up, I got the
found new hardware message and windows seemed to do its own thing.
Then when I try to acces the drive it ask me to format. So I told it
to. But then before it even began formatting, I got an message saying
"Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other
program that are using the drive and make sure that no window is
displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again" but i
have no other disk utilities running nor is any program accessing the
drive nor a window displaying its content. I read post and people seem
to have the same setup as mine and was able to use the drive.

Thank you in advance for any input on this.

Sincerely,

Philip buendia
Old July 3rd 03, 04:33 AM
Rod Speed

m...

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3B305098

Old July 3rd 03, 08:04 PM
Rod Speed

PGB wrote in message

ROD, we have SP3 installed. And I did
the REgistry hack. What else could it be...

Try starting in safe mode.

If that doesnt fix it, I'd personally just cut to the
chase and format it with something other than 2K.

m...