disk imaging...(or should i say: partition imaging?)

Old August 27th 03, 03:10 AM
KILOWATT

Default disk imaging...(or should i say: partition imaging?)

Hi everyones. An easy one for you: If i use an imaging
software to make a bit-for-bit image for easily reinstall
everything in case that my computer screws up,
lets say that i have 6Gigabytes used on the 10
Gigabytes "C:" partition. Since such imaging software
(Bootit NG, Ghost,Drive mage) is making an exact
bit-for-bit replica of my data, does this mean in my case
that the image would consist of a 10Gigabytes image
or only the 6Gigabytes i've used on that partition? TIA

--
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montréal Québec

Old August 27th 03, 04:37 AM
ChrisJ9876

Old August 28th 03, 03:38 PM
ChrisJ9876

From: "KILOWATT"
Date: 08/27/2003 8:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Thanks a lot for the informative replies. Let me say that
after reading this newsletter from Fred Langa, i will stay
away from newer version of Drive Image:
http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2003/2003-07-03.htm#3

I'll try the shareware version of Bootit when the time will come,
to see if i'm smart enough to properly use it. ;-) Thanks again.

--

I read that Lang newsletter too. I'm using DriveImage2002, and as a result of
running into a problem with the Windows interface, I found there is a way to

Problem upgrading HDD Jeff General 9 August 20th 05 09:37 PM
Trouble installing a 5.25" disk drive Patrik Spånning Westerlund General 1 August 8th 03 12:30 AM
Only 128Gb of a 160Gb disk ByTor General 2 July 31st 03 02:49 AM
Help..Partition magic made my partition disappear into oblivion Pierre Jarry General 1 July 14th 03 10:19 PM
Partition Hard Drive? ~misfit~ General 0 June 23rd 03 06:58 AM