PC base unit with XP home for under £200.00 inc. VAT and delivery ...

Old January 30th 05, 08:07 PM
Chris

"Johannes H Andersen"
wrote in message
news:41FD0635.73BB9BE2@sssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssizefitter.com...

Chris wrote:

"NDB" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know where I can get something like this please?

Many thanks.

--
NDB.

(Remove [nospam] from e-mail address when corresponding by e-mail)

From http://hotukdeals.com/
Dell Dimension 3000 with a 17" CRT monitor for only £186.92 including VAT
and delivery.

Specs:
2.6GHz Celeron 533FSB
256mb DDR RAM
CDRW/DVD drive
40GB hdd
Windows XP
17" CRT Monitor

HTH

Chris D.

Looks OK, but would be infinitely better with 512mb.

Also noticed that it doesn't include home install, three year on-site
warrenty or XP Pro! £186.92 just doesn't go far these days!!

Chris D.

Old January 30th 05, 09:18 PM
Mike

"Johannes H Andersen"
wrote in message
news:41FD0635.73BB9BE2@sssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssizefitter.com...

Chris wrote:

. ..

From http://hotukdeals.com/
Dell Dimension 3000 with a 17" CRT monitor for only £186.92 including VAT
and delivery.

Specs:
2.6GHz Celeron 533FSB
256mb DDR RAM
CDRW/DVD drive
40GB hdd
Windows XP
17" CRT Monitor

HTH

Chris D.

Looks OK, but would be infinitely better with 512mb.

and with a P4, and 19" Monitor, its a rip off stay well clear :P

Old January 31st 05, 11:13 AM
NDB

"Andrew Ratcliffe" wrote in message
.. .
"NDB" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know where I can get something like this please?

Many thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/3pd6m

Change the support option to 1 year collect and return, and it's yours for
£184

So I have used the above link and saved the online quote. The website says
that the quote is valid for 30 days but prices/specs may change!?!?

Does this mean that I have in effect reserved this machine at that price?

I know the Dell values don't seem to be around for too long and the machine
is being purchased for my brother and I need the dosh off him before I can
go ahead with the actual purchase.

Does anyone know if I complete the purchase tonight whether the deal will
still be on?

Old January 31st 05, 11:55 AM
Dr Zoidberg

NDB wrote:
"Gama Chameleon"
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:24:45 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:43:47 +0000, (SteveH)
wrote:

Bloody hell, the world of Windows has gone totally crazy now if a
Celeron 2.6GHz is seen as a 'starter system', that's only useful
for internet and office work.

Where's all that processing power going?

Processing power? Bwaaahahaha! Any Celeron is a cheap, downmarket
toy processor.

Yep a 2.6 Ghz Celeron is _so_ underpowered. There is no way I could
even get a command prompt in windows 98 from such a slow toy
processor.

I mean I can't understand why so many companies use Celron based
machines after all they must be under great strain creating word
doucments and performing email activities.

Its not like they have anywhere near the processing power of say a
PIII 500 or anything that mighty.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.

Are we saying these machines are no good for general usage then? i.e.
Word processing, spreadsheets, digi photo work, web surfing and
e-mail?

Don't know a great deal about PC's and was just wondering why a
reputable (???) company like Dell would produce such machines?

Sarcasm is obviously lost on you.

Celeron Processors aren't as fast as P4s , but they are more than enough for
office use and net surfing

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old January 31st 05, 12:23 PM
NDB

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
NDB wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes sorry, lost the plot there didn't I (

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Old January 31st 05, 01:17 PM
Graham Howlett

is it just me or is this offer unreachable now....

Graham