CityLink Not Delivering

Old July 1st 04, 10:21 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Niel Humphreys" wrote:

Strange, I ship around 20-30 consignments a week using Citylink and have not
had a delivery fail more than twice in what has to be the last 2 years. From
my experience I would say you are very unlucky.

Add me to the list of "unlucky" people. They did actually manage to
deliver *one* parcel successfully a few months ago; until then my
local depot had a *100%* failure rate delivering to my address!

--
iv Paul iv

Old July 2nd 04, 08:30 AM
Parish

Niel Humphreys wrote:

Strange, I ship around 20-30 consignments a week using Citylink and have not
had a delivery fail more than twice in what has to be the last 2 years. From
my experience I would say you are very unlucky.

Oh dear. I've had to return a TFT to Acer under warranty - they use
CityLink. They gave me the CityLink number to call and arrange to
collection and to be fair they turned up when they said they would but
now I'm worried about whether I'll get the thing delivered back without
me needing to take a 30 or 50 mile round trip, depending whether the
CityLink depot is in Bristol or Swindon, to collect it :-(

Parish

Old July 2nd 04, 10:05 AM
Elessar

I always get stuff delivered to my work address and have never had a
problem. Ebuyer let you specify an alternative delivery address after your
first order has completed OK.

--
LSR

Old July 2nd 04, 08:21 PM
mrjolly

"Elessar" wrote in message
I always get stuff delivered to my work address and have never had a
problem. Ebuyer let you specify an alternative delivery address after your
first order has completed OK.

--
LSR

I could specify a work address - if I knew which part of the country I'd be
in when ebuyer tell me when they will deliver.
Anyway, its not the location that is the problem, its the fact that they did
not deliver the parcel *anywhere* yesterday.

The parcel arrived today, at about 1pm, and when I opened the door, I said,
'I guess I missed you yesterday'
The delivery guy said, 'Yup, you did.'
I repeated '*I* missed *you*, did I?'
When he heard the emphasis I placed on the 'I', he looked at me, saw the
game was up, and made the excuse... 'I tried to deliver yesterday, but when
I got here, I realised the parcel was not on the van.'

So either incompetent, or a liar - take your pick.

Regards, Darren

Old July 2nd 04, 10:21 PM
Mrs Mangel

"mrjolly" wrote in message news:

The thing is, they didn't call. They also didn't 'Card' me.
I have 2 dogs which bark whenever anyone approaches the front door - so even
if I'm asleep, the dogs wake me up.
The dogs barked at 9:30 when the Postman delivered mail. They haven't made a
peep since.

That's terrible. The poor dogs didn't get a walk all day?!
Old July 2nd 04, 10:47 PM
Vestan Pance

"mrjolly" wrote in message
-service-com...

"Elessar" wrote in message
[...]

I apparently got carded on Thursday also, still have to find it.....
Unfortunately I didn't realise this supposedly had happened until about
4.30pm this afternoon. After a phonecall with the local branch (Belfast) was
told that on Thursday no one was in. When I told them that this strange as
both my mother and sister where in the house all day (they also had a
barking dog to alert them to any visitors) they said it was possible that
the driver had called at the wrong house. I told them this was also strange
as he had choice of four houses on the road and the occupants would have let
us know if they had been carded by mistake.

They did check with the driver and see where he was. Apparently the driver
wasn't going to make the delivery today as he had been held up earlier. He
did offer to meet someone at a location to hand over the item even though it
would be further to travel to than the delivery address (he would also have
passed the delivery address going to and from this location). When I pointed
this out I was told he couldn't deliver it to the house. I gave up at this
point.

I now have to wait to Monday and see if they can deliver this time or what
imaginative excuse they can come up with.

I'll also be informing Scan about this although I doubt it will do much
good.

Old July 3rd 04, 09:08 AM
Black Shuck

JULIAN HALES wrote:

told me i had no letterbox after knocking and carded.....they didnt.

full of BS now i wil never deal wit a co that used ****tylink

I no longer deal with any company using CityLink, they are a shambles,
Make sure you tell you vendor that you are no longer using them due to
their choice of courier...

Perhaps we should compile a "avoid" list of companies known to use
CityLink...

EBuyer
UK-DVDR

Anyone else?

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old July 3rd 04, 10:07 AM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Black Shuck posted:

JULIAN HALES wrote:

told me i had no letterbox after knocking and carded.....they didnt.

full of BS now i wil never deal wit a co that used ****tylink

I no longer deal with any company using CityLink, they are a
shambles, Make sure you tell you vendor that you are no longer using
them due to their choice of courier...

Perhaps we should compile a "avoid" list of companies known to use
CityLink...

EBuyer
UK-DVDR

Anyone else?

You'll have a hard job, since most of the online stores use Citylink.

E-buyer
Aria
CCL
Scan

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 3rd 04, 10:13 AM
Niel Humphreys

"mrjolly" wrote in message
-service-com...

"Elessar" wrote in message
[...]

You can check for youself - plop the consignment number (3 letters, 5
numbers) from the lable into the Citylink trackig system. It shows every
time the parcels are scanned on to the vans in the mornings.

http://www.city-link.co.uk/
--

Niel Humphreys