Is this legal under Distance Selling Regs (or any other UK regualations)?

Old May 10th 04, 12:37 PM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Raymond posted:

Conor wrote in
news:MPG.1b08cac2cfbe883698a636 @news.claranews.com:

You phone them during working hours. Citylink have an online
tracking system. The supplier should provide you with a reference.
Simply log onto the website and see where it is. If its a missed
delivery GET ON THE TELEPHONE.

You seem to be missing the point.

Citylink tried to deliver on day 1
OP arrived home after 8pm on day 1 and therefore could not call then.
OP called at 8am (the local depot's opening time) and was told that
it was to late to stop the 2nd attempt.

So exactly how would he have managed to call them?

And for reference I have found few suppliers that for a next day
delivery actually supply the tracking number.

Aria do. As do CCL

--
Paul-B

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old May 12th 04, 06:36 PM
Tx2

In article ,
, a.k.a Conor says...

[...]

In article ,
says...

2. The OP contacted Citylink it would appear as soon as the opened the
next morning and was told that the van had left and it was to late to
rearrange the second attempt - that was the main problem. I would be
interested to how between 10pm - 8am on the night in question you could
contact citylink and have the second delivery rearranged? If you can do
it then the OP should have been able to and yet citylink said no?

You phone them during working hours.

Not much good if you don't know they've been as you happened to be out.
I used to use CCL (bah ... spit!) who on more than one occasion verbally
told me a delivery was due tomorrow, which then turned up today, or the
day after.

I recall one instance where i'd been told tomorrow, put the phone down,
and outside was a City Link van!

Citylink have an online tracking
system.

Yes, it works well ....

The supplier should provide you with a reference. Simply log
onto the website and see where it is.

If the supplier has supplied you ... not all do.

Tekheads have, on one or two occasions, sent me a notification email
with that information missing.

If its a missed delivery GET ON
THE TELEPHONE.

At 10:15pm when i perhaps get in from work?

Oh and BTW, nearly all parcel company depots are unstaffed between 10pm
to around 3am.

That would explain why i can't get thru at 10:15pm

Between 3am and 6am it is WAREHOUSE STAFF ONLY who are
there to unload the night trunk trailers and sort the runs out. THe van
drivers turn up around 6am, load the vehicles and are pulling out of
the depot by 7am-ish.

So after getting in at 10:15pm from work, 'falling' into bed at approx
11:30, i am expected to get up and call the depot between 3am and 7am to
arrange delivery for that day, not having had time to re-arrange my
working arrangements with my client?