Cheap DVD Writer on Ebuyer

Old November 2nd 03, 02:32 PM
tHatDudeUK

"display.systems" wrote in message
I go through at least 1 set per month and have just ordered
another set to pick up when we're in Florida later this month.

Have you anything to declare sir? Lol.

I seem to remember you directed me to this site a while back but I was put
off by possible custom charges and difficulty shipping to the UK. I managed
to find somewhere in the UK that sold similar products but they were out of
stock because they don't have much demand at all for them. These carts seem
ok so I'm not too bothered.

Old November 2nd 03, 05:13 PM
display.systems

In article , tHatDudeUK
writes
Have you anything to declare sir? Lol.

Not at $32

The only other "goods" I'll be bringing back (apart from stocking up on
XXXL size clothes and size 13 trainers etc.) are some empty 10cd perspex
cases/storage boxes, SVP sell 20pks of 12x disks with a larger case for
about £2.50 each but these are smaller and only cost $5 for 20 cases

Mind you, there's a Sigma EF 500 Super DG flash is looking VERY tempting
at $179 ..... especially when it's £200 over here!.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison

Display Systems Consultants UK
Old November 2nd 03, 06:33 PM
tHatDudeUK

"display.systems" wrote in message
The only other "goods" I'll be bringing back (apart from stocking up on
XXXL size clothes and size 13 trainers etc.) are some empty 10cd perspex
cases/storage boxes, SVP sell 20pks of 12x disks with a larger case for
about £2.50 each but these are smaller and only cost $5 for 20 cases

One thing they don't sell in the UK what I really want is some of them 7 DVD
case things :-) Oh well... I might just have to wait and order all i need at
once and be prepared for the price and customs hit.

Old November 3rd 03, 08:23 AM
display.systems

In article , tHatDudeUK
writes
One thing they don't sell in the UK what I really want is some of them 7 DVD
case things :-) Oh well... I might just have to wait and order all i need at
once and be prepared for the price and customs hit.

I looked at the Amaray ones but they worked out quite expensive, my
solution was to use these ....

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/mercha...e_Code=R&Produ
ct_Code=6116&Category_Code=CP1

Only £5 for 20 cases!, holds up to 12 disks in paper sleeves and you can
make a nice insert for the box, also takes up a lot less room when
you're archiving box sets (6 disks per season) etc!.

SVP sell a larger one which wili take 22 disks at a push,

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acata..._Audiocdr.html

Top item on the list CD160, you also get 20 12x CDRs as well

Old November 3rd 03, 02:17 PM
Usenetter

Hmmm .... I bought a cheap (though not THAT cheap) burner - and it wouldn't
format or read CD-RW's.
Sent it back for refund.
Ye gets as ye pays.

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
.. .

Teac 4x DVD-R/RW IDE BURNER - Retail Box

Our Price £71.40 ex VAT
£71.40 inc VAT

(yes, you read the price right!)

My friends ordered one and received it without Ebuyer questioning! It has
been like that for almost 1 week.

Grab it while you can.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old November 3rd 03, 05:41 PM
Tony Sutton

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
.. .

Teac 4x DVD-R/RW IDE BURNER - Retail Box

Our Price £71.40 ex VAT
£71.40 inc VAT

(yes, you read the price right!)

It's over! Ebuyer corrected the price.

People who was lucky to get this, you sod!

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Close only counts in horseshoes and lemonade or something...

Old November 3rd 03, 05:43 PM
Tony Sutton

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message

SP do the Pioneer 106 for £99 so that price is about right for the
last model version

Interesting, because I have been looking around other shops and they sells
it (same model & brand) for almost £180.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

Old November 3rd 03, 06:03 PM
bigbrian

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:43:46 -0000, "Tony Sutton"
wrote:

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
.. .

SP do the Pioneer 106 for £99 so that price is about right for the
last model version

Interesting, because I have been looking around other shops and they sells
it (same model & brand) for almost £180.

Huh? You need to find better shops. The 106 is

£99+ vat at Tekheads
£87+ vat at Aria (and out of stock)
£90+ vat at Dabs

Brian
Old November 3rd 03, 07:32 PM
Dr Zoidberg

Tony Sutton wrote:
"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message

SP do the Pioneer 106 for £99 so that price is about right for the
last model version

Interesting, because I have been looking around other shops and they
sells it (same model & brand) for almost £180.

The full retail box is close to that price in a lot of places.
The one at SVP is the OEM version without all the pretty packaging.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

FA: CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP 52X CDROM BURNER Qonox General 1 February 6th 05 01:43 AM
Cheap Copies: A Risky Bargain Ablang General 0 July 25th 04 04:18 AM
Quality, Budget CD Writer Steevo General 7 September 14th 03 08:48 PM
How to conect my DVD writer? ossey Cdr 7 September 11th 03 04:09 AM
WTD: Cheap Laptop Adrian Maidment UK Computer Vendors 11 August 27th 03 05:16 PM