Don't buy from overclockers.co.uk

Old October 30th 03, 09:42 AM
mark S

Default Don't buy from overclockers.co.uk

I am building my own PC and needed a CPU last week I noticed
Overclockers were the only online retailerto be offering the Intel
Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800FSB) for £353.23 (including delivery and VAT)
(they received stock of these CPU's on Monday) I received my chip on
the Wednesday. On the same day I noticed the price had dropped
again,this time to £325.22 if only I had waited 3 days I could have
saved £28!Normally I would not be to bothered but when a price drops
so soon after an early price drops I feel slightly aggrieved.

I decided to ask the "nice" people at Overclockers to refund the
difference as a good will gesture, I mean surely this was the same
batch of CPU's they took hold of on Monday, and were just trying to
undercut some of theircompetitors who had recently introduced the
price reduction.As a backup I mentioned it was within my rights to
return this product under the distance selling act and then
purchasethis product from them again. (Mr postman will be happy about
this)

I decided to phone them to discuss my options, (I had sent an email in
the morning with no response)The guy I spoke to went to seek
assistance from the "boss" it appears he forgot to put me on hold.I
didn't remember everything the manager said, here are some bits I
remember:"Is he being abusive??""he is threatening to send the goods
back unless we refund the difference, GIT! "That's the only part I
really remember as I was not "abusive" once and calling me a "git"
isn't partially nice.

I am only doing what 99% of people would do and I am sure you would so
the same if you were in my shoes.It would be nice to have a reply from
the Manager or even a phone call you have my work telephone number.I
probably wont send it back now as I really don't want to cause your
manager any more heart ache, perhaps with the £20 you could buy a
"Lucent" phone I hear their hold buttons are extremely effective

Mark

(this is a post I put on the overclockers forum lasted about 3 minutes
before they deleted it )
Old October 30th 03, 09:51 AM
Travis

their support really sucks. If you go in the shop you can hear their tech
support guy saying stuff like "I'm putting him on hold for 20 mins hehehe"

om...

Old October 30th 03, 10:50 AM
^^artnada^^

mark S wrote:
|| I am building my own PC and needed a CPU last week I noticed
|| Overclockers were the only online retailerto be offering the Intel
|| Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800FSB) for £353.23 (including delivery and VAT)
|| (they received stock of these CPU's on Monday) I received my chip on
|| the Wednesday. On the same day I noticed the price had dropped
|| again,this time to £325.22 if only I had waited 3 days I could have
|| saved £28!Normally I would not be to bothered but when a price drops
|| so soon after an early price drops I feel slightly aggrieved.
|| I decided to ask the "nice" people at Overclockers to refund the
|| difference as a good will gesture, I mean surely this was the same
|| batch of CPU's they took hold of on Monday, and were just trying to
|| undercut some of theircompetitors who had recently introduced the
|| price reduction.As a backup I mentioned it was within my rights to
|| return this product under the distance selling act and then
|| purchasethis product from them again. (Mr postman will be happy about
|| this)
|| I decided to phone them to discuss my options, (I had sent an email in
|| the morning with no response)The guy I spoke to went to seek
|| assistance from the "boss" it appears he forgot to put me on hold.I
|| didn't remember everything the manager said, here are some bits I
|| remember:"Is he being abusive??""he is threatening to send the goods
|| back unless we refund the difference, GIT! "That's the only part I
|| really remember as I was not "abusive" once and calling me a "git"
|| isn't partially nice.
|| I am only doing what 99% of people would do and I am sure you would so
|| the same if you were in my shoes.It would be nice to have a reply from
|| the Manager or even a phone call you have my work telephone number.I
|| probably wont send it back now as I really don't want to cause your
|| manager any more heart ache, perhaps with the £20 you could buy a
|| "Lucent" phone I hear their hold buttons are extremely effective
|| Mark
|| (this is a post I put on the overclockers forum lasted about 3 minutes
|| before they deleted it )

Prices drop and sometimes you can get "caught out", buy buying a product
that is £100 one day then £90 the next. This is just a fact of the "shopping
world" we all live in.

As an example, look at petrol. One day it can be 79.9...so you fill up your
tank, then you drive past the sataion the next day and you see it is 77.9
pence.

It's tough isn't it?

I mean surely this was the same stock of fuel they took hold of on Monday!!!

Come on m8. Face it. You were too keen and eager to buy the latest product,
and you don't like the fact that a few days later the price had dropped.

What would you do if they did give you a refund on the difference, then a
few days later it drops again buy £30??? You going to demand a refund in the
difference?

Get used to it. It does happen, it will happne and it's ust a case of tough
luck.

Old October 30th 03, 11:22 AM
{[ZenmasteR]}

they owe me 76 quid for a enermax psu which is mis-sold to me,
advertised the wrong one, made a fuss about 48 hour check policy.
I ain't bothered to recover the money yet.
they may get alot of new stuff first but there treatment of customers is =
totally wrong.

"mark S" wrote in message =
om...
I am building my own PC and needed a CPU last week I noticed
Overclockers were the only online retailerto be offering the Intel
Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800FSB) for =A3353.23 (including delivery and VAT)
(they received stock of these CPU's on Monday) I received my chip on
the Wednesday. On the same day I noticed the price had dropped
again,this time to =A3325.22 if only I had waited 3 days I could have
saved =A328!Normally I would not be to bothered but when a price drops
so soon after an early price drops I feel slightly aggrieved.
=20
[...]
manager any more heart ache, perhaps with the =A320 you could buy a

Old October 30th 03, 11:32 AM
George

"^^artnada^^" wrote in message

[...]

Some places will refund the difference on a price that drops within 7 days
of sale. The OP could have sent it back under the DSA and then bought the
cheaper one so a refund of the difference doesn't seem that extreme.
--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

Old October 30th 03, 12:09 PM
bigbrian

On 30 Oct 2003 01:42:55 -0800, (mark S)
wrote:

[...]

If it had been something like memory, and the price had gone up
immediately after you bought it, would you have contacted them
offering to pay the higher price?

Brian
Old October 30th 03, 12:46 PM
^^artnada^^

bigbrian wrote:
|| On 30 Oct 2003 01:42:55 -0800, (mark S)
|| wrote:
||| I am building my own PC and needed a CPU last week I noticed
||| Overclockers were the only online retailerto be offering the Intel
||| Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800FSB) for £353.23 (including delivery and VAT)
||| (they received stock of these CPU's on Monday) I received my chip on
||| the Wednesday. On the same day I noticed the price had dropped
||| again,this time to £325.22 if only I had waited 3 days I could have
||| saved £28!Normally I would not be to bothered but when a price drops
||| so soon after an early price drops I feel slightly aggrieved.
||| I decided to ask the "nice" people at Overclockers to refund the
||| difference as a good will gesture, I mean surely this was the same
||| batch of CPU's they took hold of on Monday, and were just trying to
||| undercut some of theircompetitors who had recently introduced the
||| price reduction.As a backup I mentioned it was within my rights to
||| return this product under the distance selling act and then
||| purchasethis product from them again. (Mr postman will be happy about
||| this)
||| I decided to phone them to discuss my options, (I had sent an email in
||| the morning with no response)The guy I spoke to went to seek
||| assistance from the "boss" it appears he forgot to put me on hold.I
||| didn't remember everything the manager said, here are some bits I
||| remember:"Is he being abusive??""he is threatening to send the goods
||| back unless we refund the difference, GIT! "That's the only part I
||| really remember as I was not "abusive" once and calling me a "git"
||| isn't partially nice.
||| I am only doing what 99% of people would do and I am sure you would so
||| the same if you were in my shoes.It would be nice to have a reply from
||| the Manager or even a phone call you have my work telephone number.I
||| probably wont send it back now as I really don't want to cause your
||| manager any more heart ache, perhaps with the £20 you could buy a
||| "Lucent" phone I hear their hold buttons are extremely effective
||| Mark
|| If it had been something like memory, and the price had gone up
|| immediately after you bought it, would you have contacted them
|| offering to pay the higher price?
|| Brian

Hear hear. It works both ways.

Old October 30th 03, 12:58 PM
Travis

Hear hear. It works both ways.

haha, it so doesn't

Old October 30th 03, 01:36 PM
Doop!

"mark S" wrote in message
om...
I am building my own PC

snip
Mark

my barclaycard offers a 90 day price promise (not sure if it includes pc
components), you should give your cc company a call and see if they will
refund it.