New graphics card

Old October 29th 03, 09:28 PM
SgtMinor

Default New graphics card

Is this where you get your email?

Domain Name: IGNORE.NET

Registrant:
ignore n.o.c. (IGNORE8-DOM)
Urs Schaufelberger
Hardturmstr. 122
Zurich, NO STATE 8005
SWITZERLAND

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

Old October 29th 03, 09:41 PM
*** HAWK

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

Old October 29th 03, 09:54 PM
SgtMinor

Then stop using that domain name in your addy. Not only are you
appropriating someone else's property but they're getting spammed as a
result.

Try a 'munge' http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

*** HAWK wrote:

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

Old October 29th 03, 10:04 PM
Will Dormann

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

OP: In other words, when munging your email address, be sure to pick a
domain that isn't valid!

-WD

Old October 29th 03, 10:45 PM
SgtMinor

*** HAWK wrote:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

OP: In other words, when munging your email address, be sure to pick a
domain that isn't valid!

Those are not the other words that I would use. It's not a good idea to
use anything that even resembles a domain name, valid or not. Even a
seemingly ridiculous domain name may/can/will be registered at some
time. Try for yourself: make up some domain name and check here to see
if it's registered: http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

And adding NOSPAM or another phrase is not foolproof either. I wouldn't
be at all surprised if a spambot stripped the word 'invalid' off your
addy, for instance.

snip
Old October 29th 03, 10:46 PM
°Mike°

No, that is not better. You are STILL using a valid
domain (mail.com). You MUST use 'INVALID' as the
TLD, ie. in place of the .COM - LID

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:34:46 -0000, in

*** HAWK scrawled:

is that better?
i don't know - i didnt realise someone had the domain, i thought it was
obvious (eg ignore)
but i changed it now.
tell me if u object.

Back to Graphic cards..

*** HAWK wrote:

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

--
Basic computer maintenance
Old October 29th 03, 10:55 PM
*** HAWK

ok...
anymore info on graphic cards

*** HAWK wrote:

In a word no.
anymore ideas on the graphics card.... i need a new one :-D
. ..

Old October 29th 03, 11:51 PM
Chris Howells

°Mike° wrote:

No, that is not better. You are STILL using a valid
domain (mail.com). You MUST use 'INVALID' as the
TLD, ie. in place of the .COM - LID

There is no MX record in the DNS for INVALID.mail.com and hence using it
should not
cause a problem, despite the fact that mail.com is registered.

Old October 30th 03, 03:13 AM
SgtMinor

*** HAWK wrote:

erm.. graphics cards

Well, get used to it. You may control the content of your original
post, but you don't dictate the direction of the thread. If you'll take
another look, you'll note that I was replying to Will Dormann about
munging one's address. Your post was irrelevant to that reply.

And as for your graphics card, you haven't said much about your
requirements, making useful responses difficult. All I know is the
Geforce "doesn't really cut the mustard," AGP and no TV out. What
mustard needs cutting? Are you trying to look at spreadsheets on a 21"
monitor, are you playing graphics intensive games, or what? Take a look
here about some of the criteria that should go into the selection of a
video card: http://www.pcguide.com/buy/des/compVideo-c.html Also useful
is Tom's Hardwa http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/index.html

"SgtMinor" wrote in message
.. .