Evesham spam

Old September 18th 03, 10:52 AM
Keef

I hope you realise how much business you are going to lose through this
Evesham.

Unfortunately these businesses just don't care :-(

Keef

--
Dartford Kent UK
Email

Old September 18th 03, 12:01 PM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:52:18 +0100, "Keef"
wrote:

I hope you realise how much business you are going to lose through this

Evesham.

Unfortunately these businesses just don't care :-(

Its never a good idea to spam people when they know your postal
address and have lots of magazines with adverts that alow you to post
off for further information/brocures IYSWIM :-)
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old September 18th 03, 12:08 PM
Lee J. Moore

In uk.comp.vendors, Bagpuss waffled thusly:

Its never a good idea to spam people when they know your
postal address and have lots of magazines with adverts that
alow you to post off for further information/brocures IYSWIM
:-)

Hehe! You remind of a certain conspiracy that broke out on
Slashdot - to make a notorious spammer's life hell.

And he screamed, cried, peed his pants and threw lots of
tantrums IIRC. That was funny.
--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com
Old September 18th 03, 02:17 PM
Lee J. Moore

In uk.comp.vendors, Malev waffled thusly:

I dread to think what would happen if anyone published this
address in Usenet:

person: Stuart Truman
notify:

Don't be silly. If you have queries regarding the Evesham
domain, I'm sure they would be given higher priority if
addressed to Stuart Truman personally at
.

He normally posts from
though so
be careful not to send him any spam.
--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com
Old September 18th 03, 04:35 PM
Ross Tregaskis

Ross Tregaskis wrote in
:

It appears they have bought a very, very tainted list; of course, buying
a list itself is a no-no. The fools.

Yes, following up to myself is bad form, but...

New Evesham spam came in today. And the disclaimer:

"If you have received this email in error then please accept our sincerest
apologies, this error may have occurred through another person entering
your email address or a database provider not washing their data
correctly."

This isn't just a non-confirmed mailing list; they are actually buying
millions CDs. They know they're spamming, and they don't care.

--
Ross Tregaskis
online diary @ http://www.inquisitor.myinternetpass.com

Old September 18th 03, 04:56 PM
Tony Sutton

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message

I got it just now and this was an interesting read. Subjected "September
offers from Evesham Technology"

Thanks for sharing it.

Perhaps we should send this link to Evesham?

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
World ending at 10:00. No film at eleven.

Old September 18th 03, 05:19 PM
Bruce Stephens

Ross Tregaskis writes:

[...]

This isn't just a non-confirmed mailing list; they are actually
buying millions CDs. They know they're spamming, and they don't
care.

Yep, and gxn.net (their internet provider) knows they're spamming, and
doesn't care. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11626.
Old September 18th 03, 06:04 PM
Gareth

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:28:03 +0100, Malev wrote:

On 18 Sep 2003 13:17:02 GMT, "Lee J. Moore"
wrote:

Don't be silly. If you have queries regarding the Evesham
domain, I'm sure they would be given higher priority if
addressed to Stuart Truman personally at .

A question:
If you post an address like say
in Usenet, won't
it be harvested by spambots?
If my addy was
I wouldn't like it to be harvested.

I was told by the guys on news.admin.net-abuse.email that it generally
goes through the same filtering software as the website crawlers, and
putting it like:

A "struman@evesham. com/A

....is a much more effective method.

Gareth