Remarkable Backup Hardware=tomshardware,xbit labs

Old February 8th 05, 03:43 AM
mystro

Default Remarkable Backup Hardware=tomshardware,xbit labs

Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really been
known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek insiders
especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?

http://www.radixamerica.com/

And for the skeptical..no I do not work for Radix.
Old February 8th 05, 04:03 AM
Rod Speed

mystro wrote in message
.. .

Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really been
known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek insiders
especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?

It wont protect against the main failure, hard drive death.

Old February 8th 05, 06:11 AM
Sayso Takewashi

mystro wrote:
Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really

been
known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek

insiders
especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?

http://www.radixamerica.com/

And for the skeptical..no I do not work for Radix.

Tomshardware has some Reviews of NAS-Appliances and USB-external
enclosures.With some Backup-Software,you can have a
"bullet-proof"-Backup.
If you like it simple,use something like ghost.If you have time,use the
built-in Backup of Windows (you have to Restore Windows,when Hardrive
dies).

The Radix USB-Key was tested some month ago and it offers only ONE
Restore Point.Even Win XP allows you more then enough Restorepoints.

A good Solution might be a Raid1 (Content of Disk1 is always written to
Disk2) Setup and a external USB-Enclosure for not so important
Files,which are already on CD or DVD.

Old February 8th 05, 06:36 AM
J. Clarke

Not necessarily. Check out bartpe http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old February 8th 05, 06:31 PM

For clarification,Radix does offer multible restore points except in
the basic
version.

Old February 8th 05, 09:11 PM
Maxim S. Shatskih

A hardware solution, and thus has lots of drawbacks over software ones.
Need to disassemble the case.
No notebook/laptop support.

And so on.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

http://www.storagecraft.com

Old February 8th 05, 09:42 PM
Sayso Takewashi

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
A hardware solution, and thus has lots of drawbacks over software

ones.
Need to disassemble the case.
No notebook/laptop support.

And so on.

The "MLP-Version" of the USB-Stick supports Notebooks.
It costs around 150$,Ghost are available for 5$ (Version 2003).If you
dont mind waiting half an Hour,it would be the best Solution.If you
need Restore instant,you have to use Radix.

But now comes the Drawback:Radix will restore your System to a certain
Point.Tomshardware wrote that Documents have to be in a certain
Directory to not be overwritten with a Restore.I dont know yet,if you
could tell which Directories to keep.At worst,you have to copy all your
Documents and Files into a new Directory,which might be a Problem for
somebody (if you have different Network Shares and Radix relies on his
own).You might asked Radix first,before buying this,if its an issue for
you.

Old February 8th 05, 11:25 PM
Maxim S. Shatskih

But now comes the Drawback:Radix will restore your System to a certain
Point.Tomshardware wrote that Documents have to be in a certain

Is it possible at all with this product to exclude directories or files from
the restore to a point?

Old February 9th 05, 01:47 AM

Maybe this link/comparison at Radix will explain some of the questions
regarding software VS hardware restore issues..some interesting points
without the usual over-hyping which is a welcome change.
http://radixamerica.com/radix-vs-sw.htm

Old February 9th 05, 03:55 PM
Sayso Takewashi

Maybe this link/comparison at Radix will explain some of the

questions
regarding software VS hardware restore issues..some interesting

points
without the usual over-hyping which is a welcome change.
http://radixamerica.com/radix-vs-sw.htm

I still miss "Backup" on this Table....

And if you wanne talk serios,you must have some Backup-Software in case
the hardisk fail or a Power Strike blows your PC.

Then you are almost on a Ghost-only-Solution.