How do I find what firmware my optical has? Might update firmware.

Old July 10th 04, 05:07 PM
Larc

Default How do I find what firmware my optical has? Might update firmware.

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:14:35 GMT, Dunny Rummy wrote:

| Great burner.
| I have it for about a year by now and I have not made one DVD-R
| coaster (that would be of burner's fault that is). However, if there
| are firmware out that will better my LG GSA-4040B, then I would flash
| it but would like feedback before any flashing.
|
| On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:52:54 GMT, Dunny Rummy wrote:
|
| I think a new firmware is ready for my LG GSA-4040B DVD-RW DVD+RW
| Drive
| (slow burning DVD, won't burn above 2 speed now but new firmware
| promises faster) but I need to know what version my LG GSA-4040B
| DVD-RW DVD+RW Drive
| was shipped at. Is there any software that can tell me without pulling
| the drive out? TIA!

Do you have Nero installed? If you do, open it and click on Recorder
in the Toolbar. Then click on Choose Recorder... Make sure your
burner is highlighted. The info shown will include "Firmware
revision."

If you don't have Nero, get Everest Home Edition (used to be AIDA32)
if you don't already have it. You can download it free he

http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...dlid=1&lang=en

Once you get Everest installed, run the program. Open "Storage" in
the left column. Then click on ASPI. One of the items that shows up
in the main window should be your LG. Look in the "Rev" column to get
your firmware version.

Larc