Never buy from PC World

Old September 12th 05, 02:23 PM
ferg

"
I wouldn't buy business class PC's over the counter at PC World. I'd do
a lot more shopping around, and then some before considering PC World -
hell, i'd even buy Dell first!

------------
Dont go that far! Dell the company that loves to put cheap deals on its
websites every few months and then decides not to honour the orders
Great marketing plan that one

ferg

Old September 13th 05, 05:30 PM
Conor

In article , Tim S Kemp says...

Why the hell anyone would buy a router from PC World Hull when Solwise is
only a couple of miles away from it I don't know.

Because I actually bought it off E-Bay but forgot I had. I ended up
buying the same router for a friend, who is one of those "MUST HAVE IT
NOW" people, one Sunday. Mine went tits up, couldn't find receipt, used
his and got a replacement.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old October 24th 05, 03:38 PM
bigbrian

Default Never buy from PC World

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:33:28 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
says...
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:38:02 UTC, "Adam" wrote:

I thought I should warn about the total lack of respect for customers'
statutory rights that seems to exist at PC World.

True of the whole Dixons Group.

True of any retailer with any common sense. Only a complete ****wit of
a business would give a refund without proof of purchase.

I know many dozens of successful businesses who happily give refunds
without proof of purchase

See the glowing testimonials for companies such as SVP in this group
to see the effectiveness of such an approach to customer service

Brian

Old October 25th 05, 12:28 AM
Lordy

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:38:16 +0100, bigbrian wrote:

I know many dozens of successful businesses who happily give refunds
without proof of purchase

SVP will unsually know your name and have your account details so they
know you've bought what you said you've bought. They still have enough
'proof' to safeguard against me 'cold-calling' them and saying a batch of
imaginary discs I've never bought before dont work.
Ie they simply check the order from their end.

Other people might remember you buying something in person, and happily
take that as proof But obviously that doesnt scale well!

Lordy

Old October 25th 05, 10:06 AM
bigbrian

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:28:50 GMT, Lordy
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:38:16 +0100, bigbrian wrote:

I know many dozens of successful businesses who happily give refunds
without proof of purchase

SVP will unsually know your name and have your account details so they
know you've bought what you said you've bought. They still have enough
'proof' to safeguard against me 'cold-calling' them and saying a batch of
imaginary discs I've never bought before dont work.
Ie they simply check the order from their end.

Other people might remember you buying something in person, and happily
take that as proof But obviously that doesnt scale well!

I recently had to contact them and tell them that the spindle of 100
DVD-Rs I'd bought had arrived with the spindle damaged (the discs were
OK). Sure, they knew I'd ordered it from them, and I'll agree that a
spindle isn't a high value item, but they sent me a replacement,
packaged fantastically to prevent a repeat, without requesting the
return of the damaged item, or even any proof of the damage.

Back in the days when I used to buy from Tekheads (not since they were
taken over and moved) I bought the wrong length IDE cable for a build
I was doing (urgent job). Tekheads sent me a replacement cable,
without charge, on the understanding that they would get the original
back within a few days.

Most enlightened companies these days accept that the cost of getting
ripped off by a few customers trying it on is far outweighed by the
benefits of happier customers and PR

Brian