CityLink Not Delivering

Old July 10th 04, 10:29 AM
Niel Humphreys

"Dave" wrote in message

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article , , a.k.a
Dave says...

Yeah right imaginary company boy

oh, i shouldn't waste your time .... he's so up his own arse and full of
himself, you'll get called a "luser" or some equally knob headed ****wit
term.

Lose him in your killfile ...

Well normally i agree with you, i really cant believe people like paul b

and
niel have companys they have no PR skills.

More conclusion jumping. Ever consider we do have PR skills, it's just that
we don't particularly care for the tone of your posts about us and are not
shy about responding in the same vein? My customers know the service I give,
the backup I give and come back for more - as long as they are happy I
couldn't care two f**ks about some idiots trolling in a newsgroup publicly
making assumptions loosly based on something I have posted and attempting to
give me & my business a bad rep.

Obviously they have far too much
time on their hands (they keep posting here, yet business is spose to be
going so good??).

Business has never been better and if I wanted to I could probably get the
week's work done in 3 days working solidly but experience of flogging myself
at work has taught me quality of life is far less stressful if you don't run
yourself into the ground if it's not necesary. Besides, contributing to
newsgroups is not exactly time consuming.

Paul has been asked by myself, as well as 1 or 2 other people to identify
and name his company he is so proud of, yet he hasnt told us all the name

of
his company! The only reasons i can think of is he is either too

embarassed
to or that he doesnt own a company at all.

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that, as he is freelance, that he
trades under his own name? Just because someone is self employed does not
mean they HAVE to own a company. I traded under my own name a few years back
and only formed a company to escape the higher rate income tax and class 4
NI contributions due to the amount of profits I was making as it was all
personal income. Corporation tax is a lot less and if you're going to leave
the money in the business it makes sense to operate on a more tax efficient
basis. There are other merits either way but if Paul has not incorporated he
is quite within his rights to simply trade under his own name. More
uneducated conclusion jumping.

What ever the reason, for his
attitude, i am not going to take the name calling route as we have no real
way of knowing if there is something medical wrong with him. For all we
know the poor chap could have serious mental problems and that isnt
something we should laugh at, its something we should try to help with.

FFS!
--

Niel Humphreys

Old July 10th 04, 01:56 PM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Niel Humphreys posted:

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that, as he is freelance, that
he trades under his own name? Just because someone is self employed
does not mean they HAVE to own a company

Which is the situation. However I neither know nor care what the
kindergarten failures think, what matters to me is what my clients
think.

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 10th 04, 06:12 PM
Dave

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

"Tx2" wrote in message
[...]

I didnt start with the bad attitude... perhaps you should look back through
the thread and see that for yourself.

the backup I give and come back for more - as long as they are happy I
couldn't care two f**ks about some idiots trolling in a newsgroup publicly
making assumptions loosly based on something I have posted and attempting

give me & my business a bad rep.

Where did i say anything bad about your business??? i complianed only about
your attitude cos it sucks

Obviously they have far too much
time on their hands (they keep posting here, yet business is spose to be
going so good??).

Business has never been better and if I wanted to I could probably get the
week's work done in 3 days working solidly but experience of flogging

myself
at work has taught me quality of life is far less stressful if you don't

run
yourself into the ground if it's not necesary. Besides, contributing to
newsgroups is not exactly time consuming.

If you say so

Paul has been asked by myself, as well as 1 or 2 other people to

identify
and name his company he is so proud of, yet he hasnt told us all the

name
of
his company! The only reasons i can think of is he is either too

embarassed
to or that he doesnt own a company at all.

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that, as he is freelance, that he
trades under his own name? Just because someone is self employed does not
mean they HAVE to own a company. I traded under my own name a few years

back

Ah but he has said and i quote "my company" so i assume he does own a
business/company of some sort, either that or he is just full of crap

and only formed a company to escape the higher rate income tax and class 4
NI contributions due to the amount of profits I was making as it was all
personal income. Corporation tax is a lot less and if you're going to

leave
the money in the business it makes sense to operate on a more tax

efficient
basis. There are other merits either way but if Paul has not incorporated

he
is quite within his rights to simply trade under his own name. More
uneducated conclusion jumping.

Thats a good explanation and yes paul could be trading under his own name,
but it still doesnt explain why he didnt tell us.

What ever the reason, for his
attitude, i am not going to take the name calling route as we have no

real
way of knowing if there is something medical wrong with him. For all we
know the poor chap could have serious mental problems and that isnt
something we should laugh at, its something we should try to help with.

FFS!

I serious, mental delusions are a serious problem, anything we can do to
help him i think would be a good thing.

Old July 10th 04, 06:13 PM
Dave

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote in
message ...
Niel Humphreys posted:

I don't suppose it ever occured to you that, as he is freelance, that
he trades under his own name? Just because someone is self employed
does not mean they HAVE to own a company

Which is the situation. However I neither know nor care what the
kindergarten failures think, what matters to me is what my clients
think.

Ah now we know you are full of s*it as earlier in this thread you said you
owned a company, now you are saying you dont.......sniff, sniff, me smells
BS

Old July 13th 04, 12:05 PM
DME

"Dave" wrote:

Well normally i agree with you, i really cant believe people like paul b and
niel have companys they have no PR skills. Obviously they have far too much
time on their hands (they keep posting here, yet business is spose to be
going so good??).
Paul has been asked by myself, as well as 1 or 2 other people to identify
and name his company he is so proud of, yet he hasnt told us all the name of
his company! The only reasons i can think of is he is either too embarassed
to or that he doesnt own a company at all. What ever the reason, for his
attitude, i am not going to take the name calling route as we have no real
way of knowing if there is something medical wrong with him. For all we
know the poor chap could have serious mental problems and that isnt
something we should laugh at, its something we should try to help with.

This is all pretty pathetic don't you think?

Nothing Paul or Niel has said is 'wrong' and you may be surprised at how
many readers agree with them and the charter.

Regards.
--
DME Computing Solutions

Laptops: www.dme.co.uk
CD & DVD Duplicators: www.smartcopy.co.uk
Old July 14th 04, 08:21 PM
Dave

"DME" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote:

[...]

We all have the right to agree or disagree... and charter, what are you on
about??