XPs backup via LAN?

Old January 10th 05, 04:29 AM
jtsnow

Default XPs backup via LAN?

Im backing up using the XP provided "Backu"p located in the Accessories
directory.

I have a 2nd computer on a home LAN and have mapped its harddrive to my
primary computer and also set the 2nd comptuer mapped drive to "share" at
the root or "C:" level.

When I back up using the XP utility, it selects all the folders in the
mapped drive, but, for example, it does not include any of the files in the
"programs directory". The Program directory is empty.

What do I need to do for to be able to back up all files with the XP
utility. (I understand I cant get an image over LAN but just want the most
comprehensive backup I can get short of that).

Should I use some other software then is provided with XP? I have Ghost but
it doest to LAN backup.

thanks for any tips

Old January 12th 05, 10:16 PM
Curious George

PLZ don't crosspost this way. You're getting help in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage.
Old January 20th 05, 04:20 PM
David Magda

Curious George writes:

PLZ don't crosspost this way. You're getting help in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage.

For pendantic accuracy: this wasn't a "crosspost" but a "multipost".

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca, http://www.magda.ca/

Old January 21st 05, 06:00 AM
Curious George

On 20 Jan 2005 11:20:37 -0500, David Magda
wrote:

Curious George writes:

PLZ don't crosspost this way. You're getting help in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage.

For pendantic accuracy: this wasn't a "crosspost" but a "multipost".

I sit corrected
Old February 4th 05, 09:36 PM
David Magda

"jtsnow" writes:

pendantic must be the same as anal retentive.

Sure, if you insist.

Language is a finger that points to the reality it seeks to describe.
Steven Fortney

If you do not use the correct the language, how can you be sure of
that you are talking about.

--
David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca, http://www.magda.ca/
Old February 5th 05, 03:13 PM
David Magda

David Magda writes:

If you do not use the correct the language, how can you be sure of
that you are talking about.

Grrr. s/that/what/

--
David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca, http://www.magda.ca/