Which Software ?

Old November 4th 03, 11:13 AM
jt

Default Which Software ?

Hi ng,

as due to repeated, frequent failures and variuos technical hitches
I have made the decision to turn away from Backup Exec 8.5 and
to look for a new solution.

To cut this short, is there a medium-sized backup software solution which is
more stable and more transparent than BENT ist ? I am tending to prefer
ArcServe -please give me
some suggestions on what's used in the field for around 8 server machines,
all backed up on a DDS4 - Cartridge Robot by HP.

Regards

Daniel

Old November 4th 03, 06:08 PM
sharketleut

Brightstor ARCServe Backup 9.0

Old November 5th 03, 03:09 PM
Paul

I highly recommend BakBone Netvault. Much more transparent and reliable
than ArcServe, in my experience. They should be able to get you a
competitive upgrade discount, so it shouldn't cost much.

Old November 7th 03, 10:45 PM
John White

"jt" wrote in message ...

To cut this short, is there a medium-sized backup software solution which is
more stable and more transparent than BENT ist ? I am tending to prefer
ArcServe

I second the Bakbone Netvault package. It's truely multiplatform,
with the cheapest server platforms being Win32 and Linux. I'd
reccomend investing in an autoloader using linear tape technology. I
have an Overland Data 10 slot unit with DLT1. I was seriously
considering the Quantum Valueloader, but I couldn't figure out whether
it came with a barcode reader. The Superloader has the option, but
was a bit overkill for me. Both are available in DLT1 configurations
(well, the Valueloader has the DLT VS80, which is the low-profile
configuration of the DLT1).