100 spindle CD-R

Old September 22nd 04, 06:43 PM
Marcus Fox

Default 100 spindle CD-R

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters from
the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here don't
like them that much.

Marcus

Old September 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
Dave

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters from
the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here

don't
like them that much.

svp or ukdvdr

Old September 22nd 04, 10:37 PM
Black Shuck

Dave wrote:
"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters from
the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here

don't

like them that much.

svp or ukdvdr

Avoid DVDR, bunch of useless chimps. SVP are much better, and they
don't use ****tylink.

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old September 23rd 04, 02:29 AM
Dave

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters

from
the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here

don't

like them that much.

svp or ukdvdr

Avoid DVDR, bunch of useless chimps. SVP are much better, and they
don't use ****tylink.

1 you dont have to use citylink with ukdvdr
2 i and many others use both companys fine
3 svp do use citylink for some orders.
4 both companys are very good

Old September 23rd 04, 11:41 AM
ff

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money?

Probably not highest quality but amazon is doing a good deal. You get
a hundred shrinkwrapped for £11 so if you buy two you get free
delivery making 11p a cdr, which including postage is about the
cheapest. They have ok reviews on amazon. Certainly the laziest way to
get some.
Old September 23rd 04, 01:51 PM
James Perrett

Marcus Fox wrote:

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters from
the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here don't
like them that much.

Marcus

If quality is important then Taiyo Yuden are probably best value for
money at around 25p each in bulk (from SVP I think?) or around 30p from
ebuyer (under the Plextor brand name) in slimline jewel cases. I've not
found anything cheaper that gives consistently low error rates. All the
cheap Ritek, CMC and Prodisc sourced discs have given the occasional
problem - and who knows how long they'll last - I have some 9 year old
T-Y's containing audio that still show low error rates.

Cheers.

James.
Old September 23rd 04, 06:29 PM
Black Shuck

Dave wrote:
"Black Shuck" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters

from

the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people here

don't

like them that much.

svp or ukdvdr

Avoid DVDR, bunch of useless chimps. SVP are much better, and they
don't use ****tylink.

1 you dont have to use citylink with ukdvdr

Was not aware of this..

2 i and many others use both companys fine

There are also many many people who do have problems with ****tyLink
3 svp do use citylink for some orders.

Mine always arrive via Interlink, do you know what decided who it goes with?

4 both companys are very good

SVP are very good, UKDVDR are a bunch of chimps in my woefull experience
of them. When things go wrong, they couldn't give a ****.

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old September 23rd 04, 06:29 PM
Black Shuck

Dave wrote:
"Black Shuck" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Old September 23rd 04, 06:32 PM
Steve O

SVP - you'll not go wrong there. Superb outfit.

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Old September 24th 04, 02:17 AM
Dave

Dave wrote:
"Black Shuck" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

Where to buy and what brand is best value for money? Got 1% coasters

from

the 52x Memorex I bought from eBuyer, but it is clear that people

here

don't

like them that much.

svp or ukdvdr

Avoid DVDR, bunch of useless chimps. SVP are much better, and they
don't use ****tylink.

1 you dont have to use citylink with ukdvdr

Was not aware of this..

Yep you can have courier, next day, saturday delivery, special delivery or
even regular first class post recorded delivery (though that aint always
available on large orders, but that rule also goes for the excellent SVP)

2 i and many others use both companys fine

There are also many many people who do have problems with ****tyLink

See answer to point 1.

3 svp do use citylink for some orders.

Mine always arrive via Interlink, do you know what decided who it goes

with?

I admit normally most stuff comes via Interlink from SVP {if you choose the
courier option} (believe it or not i still find plain 1st class recorded
option quicker and more reliable) I believe they only use citylink for
very large orders, or very heavy orders.

4 both companys are very good

SVP are very good, UKDVDR are a bunch of chimps in my woefull experience
of them. When things go wrong, they couldn't give a ****.

Sorry i have heard many good things about both, perhaps you was unlucky, i
even once ordered some disks and cases from ukdvdr, i ordered 25 dvd cases,
(back when they done amounts that small) but only ten arrived, contacted
them and next day they sent another FULL 25 cases and i had an appology
email, saying we hope this makes up for the mistake, i was happy... 35
cases for the price of 25 ))
SVP also very good, they changed a mates dvd writer after 9 months of use
with no probs, took back the old and replaced with new item (no charge even
for delivery etc) within 2 weeks ) both great companys IME.