Can someone assist me with this??

Old August 24th 04, 05:46 AM
Mark G.

Default Can someone assist me with this??

I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and recently installed a Maxtor 250gig SATA.
It was working fine until a reset the settings in the BIOS when hitting F8
during boot up to try and trouble shot a problem. I do not remember if the
issue started before or after, but not, I can not see that drive at all. Is
there something that needs to be set on this board in the BIOS? the jumper
on the board is set right and all. Any other ideas of what could of caused
this? What all can I check? If I uninstall the Max Blast 3 software and
reinstall it, will I loose the data that I put on that drive? Oh yes, and my
Zip 100 that is plugged into and IDE PCI controller isn't working either. I
wonder if these are two issues are somehow connected? Maybe something in the
BIOS? Hopefully someone here can help. Would appreciate it. Thanks much.

Old August 24th 04, 06:37 AM
Lazarus

Look in the bios for the part that gives info about the hard rives and make
sure it is set to auto detect

and if there is an option to "auto detect" it then do so!

perhaps also you might need to "load bios defaults" again as you may have
reset it some how!

if there is also a "load optimised defaults" then do this AFTER loading the
normal defaults

HTH

Old August 24th 04, 09:50 AM
Matthew Farley

"Mark G." wrote in message
[...]

Is it a SATA drive or PATA? If SATA then it is NOT detected in the normal
BIOS or listed when computer boots. There should be a SIL RAID BIOS screen
that comes up after the normal boot screen. The SATA drive should be
detected then. You may have to go into the RAID BIOS and check the settings
there.

Matt

Old August 24th 04, 03:03 PM
Mark G.

It was working fine before with the same BIOS version. this didn't seem to
happen until I switched the BIOS back to default, but then now I do not see
where you change anything for it.
. net...